ad: ProAudio-1

Petiton started to void HOA Antenna Restrictions.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KZ5R, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking it up right now in my HOA provided dictionary...just a sec...yep, it's there. Arroganceance. "A person that posts in ham radio forums that displays an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions." Not sure who the guy in the pic is, but I think I saw him at a hamfest a few years ago. Can't be sure.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. N6YG

N6YG Ham Member QRZ Page

Like I said the key word is "desirable" property :)

Snob mentality ... Puleaseeee ...!!!

And that's a perfect example of a compromise station and While that might work for you it's not even close to what my idea of what a real ham radio station antenna system should look like.

Don't miss understand me I've spent years operating with antennas similar to yours and If I'm buying another home I guarantee I'm not going to be putting up another crappy dipole or vertical. No way we're talking ring rotors and stacked mono band beams. :p

On the other hand I'm sure there are plenty of people who live in HOA who would love to throw up a dipole. Unfortunately HOA have been over stepped their authority far to long and it's about damn time they get spanked...!!

3. NI7I

NI7I Guest

Well, the person the plunked down the cash for his HOA governed home must have considered it "desirable". If not, he was kinda dumb for doing it.
    You make choices and live with them.. You end up not liking the choices you made, then sell and move.. Find something more desirable. Every choice
    you make will consist of compromises. You just have to decide what you are willing to compromise on.

NI7I

4. N4UM

N4UM Ham Member QRZ Page

2300 petition signatures 5/2/12

Only 15 days left to sign

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.