ad: elecraft

K9EID Silent Key

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4NNF, Mar 1, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N6JPG

N6JPG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sad news indeed. I talked to Bob on 40m one night. He actually helped me set up the EQ on my radio for the Heil mic I was using based on listening to my transmissions. That's just the kind of guy he was. We'll miss you Bob! 73!

2. WW3JR

WW3JR Ham Member QRZ Page

Farewell my Brother.

3. K7OI

K7OI Ham Member QRZ Page

WELL THAT IS SAD NEWS RIP 73
    Mark K7OI

4. HB9EPC

HB9EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob K9EID était l'un des gentils mecs de jambon. Magnifique OM partis toujours trop rapidement.

5. PA1AD

PA1AD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very sad news to here that Bob is S.K.,i now him from the Hamnation ones very nice Ham God Bles him

6. W2AAT

W2AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

73's Bob....

corky W2AAT

7. VE2CYV

VE2CYV Ham Member QRZ Page

8. N0KGW

N0KGW Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

73 Bob! You touched so many of us in so many ways. God Bless.

9. WB1GCM

WB1GCM Ham Member QRZ Page

My favorite memory with Bob Heil, was the time Radio Engineer, Rob Sherwood, and I, enjoyed an evening together with him, a few years ago. Bob proudly showed us his office, his memorabilia, a quadrophonic audio console, and his factory. A pretty impressive operation. The factory was modern, well organized, clean, and well stocked.

We then had dinner in a restaurant, not far from the theater he played the pipe organ at, as a young teenager. Dinner was followed by a tour of his ham shack. Bob was especially proud of his beloved Eico AM transmitter, and his Pine Board Radio Project, that was coming to fruition at the time.

To top that off, Bob gave us a concert on his Whurlitzer, so good that, any "Rocker", or famous musician, would be impressed. Yet, not once did I feel he was trying to impress Rob and me. He was just being friendly 'ol Bob Heil, exuding happiness, intelligence, and being very down to Earth. He expressed being grateful for the life he has had, and acknowledged the many, many people he met along the way. Rob Sherwood would remember that night.

I had spoken with Bob only two weeks before his departure. He never complained about his illness, nor did he tell of its severity; only that he was in and out (of the hospital) for tests. I still feel sad, but then I see the outpouring out of positive comments about Bob, HERE, on QRZ. That makes us all feel better.

WB1GCM

WA4KCN, N4FUR and WA3VJB like this.
  10. SQ6WE

SQ6WE Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh it is a very great loss for Ham Radio community, Bob was a great OM. wHO CONTRIBUTED SO MUCH TO OUR HOBBY,,Long term host of Ham radio nation series,,RIP..

11. AD4ZU

AD4ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob kept it young. Beyond Ham he worked with some great rock bands. You know what's true? Past is History. Future is Mystery. Stay young

W4NNF likes this.
  12. CT7ABD

CT7ABD Ham Member QRZ Page

My deep condolences to the family. Bob soul will always alive and at my shack I will remember him always when I look to my Pro7, PR781, PArametric audio, and other Heil products I have. Not only for this but also for his person, and a good ham radio it self.

73 Bob de CT7ABD Fabiano

13. KC2QMA

KC2QMA Ham Member QRZ Page

I met Bob years ago when I worked as a recording engineer in Nashville, He was always excited about audio, radio and tech in general we would talk about music, microphones and boat anchors and always had great stories about the music businesses. He was so incredibly kind and generous in fact he was one of the reasons I decided to get my ham radio ticket. His contributions to the world of Audio, Music and radio will be talked about for years to come. There will likely never be a more important figure in the world of audio and radio again.

For those of us who had the chance to get to know bob consider yourself very lucky to have had a chance to have a few laughs and talk about this great hobby with him.

Thank you for being my friend, you will be missed.

73’ until we meet again,
    John
    KC2QMA

14. ZL2SCI

ZL2SCI Ham Member QRZ Page

Rest in Peace Bob .... G1XZL/ZL2SCI

15. KI5UXW

KI5UXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Rest in peace.