ad: elecraft

How does one get a refund of their membership dues, here?

Discussion in 'Policies, Guidelines and Terms of Use' started by W3RXO, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WW3QB

WW3QB Ham Member QRZ Page

The posts in question were not hyperbole. By definition, a hyperbole is an obvious exaggeration. The post did not have a smiley or other indication that it was not meant to be taken seriously. It was asking for the use of a weapon of mass destruction on the USA. It may have been in jest, but it came off as hateful and bitter. That is not hyperbole, which is always harmless, such as "My radio can talk to Jupiter", or "My antenna is as high as the moon", or "My radio weighs a ton".

2. W3RXO

W3RXO Ham Member QRZ Page

Folks,
    Fred, being the gentleman he is, refunded my money without complaint, and I wanted to let everyone know what a gentleman he was. It's been a pleasure folks. Best to all.
    Dan
    W3RXO

3. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Ditto. Of course, there are those who eschew ANY moderation, and refer to it as being draconian.

Miracle Gro? ;)

4. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

The forums are about whatever the owners of the site say they are about. It's a not democracy. Get over it.

5. KB3PXR

KB3PXR Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw a quote of one of the offending posts (the post itself was deleted), I'm not surprised the members in question were not banned at least for a little while to cool off. I'm not afraid to post so I don't think the moderation is getting too intense, in fact the last round of moderating some garbage off the board made me subscribe. Our moderators have thankless jobs, but I thank you anyway.

6. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This whole thread is making me want to subscribe.

7. WA4BRL

WA4BRL Ham Member QRZ Page

Just cool it for a bit Dan. It's not the end of the world. I had a thread taken down just this evening before anyone had a chance to reply. (The horror -- the horror.) But you know, so what? I'll live. Their board, their rules. I'm OK with that. Carol King said it well:

"Sometimes you win sometimes you lose
    And sometimes the blues just get a hold of you
    Just when you though you had made it..."

8. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

All ZEDers who ask for refunds should be blown up.

Meteorphorically speaking of course. :p

9. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Huzzah! Huzzah! Let's nominate Fred for 'Dictator for Life"! :)

10. AC0FP

AC0FP Ham Member QRZ Page

You must feel your one of the "chosen few" that can post something like this without moderator intervention.

11. AJ4CU

AJ4CU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

VLAKA! es PRINKPISI

12. AJ4CU

AJ4CU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

His nose is brown.....

13. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There. I subscribed. And, I don't know why I didn't before.

14. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm with you on this one.

15. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow. We all agree on something. It's NOT an unlimited public forum. It's Fred's website. He owns it. I choose to donate. He does what he wants with it. That's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.