ad: Radclub22-1

How does one get a refund of their membership dues, here?

Discussion in 'Policies, Guidelines and Terms of Use' started by W3RXO, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W3RXO

W3RXO Ham Member QRZ Page

After the antics, of the moderators, in the Rag Chew forum, I am pretty unhappy about how things are handled around here. I want to know how to get a refund, of the money I just paid, a week or two ago, for my next year's Premium Subscriber membership.

Here is the text of the email I just sent to sales@qrz.com:

Considering the antics of the moderators, in the Rag Chew forum today, I want a refund. There was nothing out of line, that happened. Nobody made any realistic threats, just a bit of hyperbole, and the moderators went nuts, shutting down good discussions. If that's the way it's going to be, I want my money back, and when I do visit the site, I will happily deal with the ads. I wanted to pay, because I believe in paying for a service I use. But when discussions, which interest me, are arbitrarily shut down, because the moderator is hyper-sensitive, to hyperbole, it's time for me to move on.
    I want my money back. Serious.

Dan
    W3RXO/6

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Instead of making a big martyr show of it on the forums, I would recommend contacting Fred off board and asking him.

Brad

3. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. W3RXO

Brad,
    I don't consider myself a martyr, I am simply being public about how I believe. That's what the forums are about, publicly expressing one's opinions.
    I will email Fred.

Thank You.
    Dan

5. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Airing ones dirty laundry in public?

You betcha!!! :)

Tom KCØW

6. W3RXO

Feel free to close and delete any of this. I am not trying to be a martyr. I am expressing my displeasure in the way I know best, by writing about it, and voting with my wallet.
    I just sent Fred my email, so this does not need to be up any longer. Please feel free to delete it, or do as you wish.

7. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Sometimes there's lot of cheeze-wiz around , but there is good stuff here also .
    Sometimes we just have dig for it :)
    Dan , maybe you could help to have something worth reading ?
    John

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I always considered "membership" a contribution, just to keep the site going.

I can't ask for a contribution to Doctors Without Borders, the American Kennel Club, the Red Cross, or anything else I can think of to be returned.

But maybe.:eek:

9. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Seems to me the moderators were incredibly lax and permissive. In the end they simply enforced the well known policies of the board.

I guess W3RXO just wants his 'Hyper-refund". ;)

10. W0DV

W0DV Ham Member QRZ Page

The forums are not all about public expression. These forums are a dictatorship, not a democracy. Sad that you don't understand that.

11. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

IMO, and I've been here for 12+ years, the board is pretty well moderated.

Sometimes possibly over-moderated, but then sometimes possibly "under." Not such a bad balance.

I'm glad it's moderated, as that removes a lot of SPAM junk and things not ham radio related.

I don't need new info on how to grow boobs and stuff. Moderation removes a lot of this, so I don't mind it.

12. W3RXO

So did I Steve. But I also believe in voting with my wallet. It's simple. I am not in a good financial place right now, because I had a small, but severely injuring accident, in the home. Disability doesn't pay much, but I still felt compelled to re-join, A WEEK AGO, when I got the email, asking me to renew. It's a good service. But if I am not happy with something, I do not support it, financially. I DID support this, until it became apparent, that I no longer agreed with how things are done here.
    I have your email Steve. I'll likely still be in touch.

13. W3RXO

I understand now!!!

14. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's it fellows. Piss off the guy you are trying to get a Hyper-refund from. LOL.

If you think you can go anywhere you want on the web and spout anything you feel like; you are either a fool or incredibly naive. Buy your own website and gather fellow ranters...

15. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And eventually you run out of ISPs that will allow you to go around unmoderated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.