ad: M2Ant-1

Glenn Baxter, K1MAN Fined $21,000

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

somtimes, i think, and especcially tonight, good comments on the thread, but perhaps better on 20 metres,
    why are we spending so much time, beating each other up on this subject, rather than having a good qso on the wireless,
    modern times ??
    qrz

2. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks for the partial quote mike,
    ok we have the choice to qsy and let glen have his 15 minutes of fame, it comes down to personal preference,
    qrz

3. Guest

Guest Guest

this one directed to andy m3kck,
    forgive me if i have it wrong, any, but the thread seems to have stopped.
    perhaps they dont like it u ,them, as corporal jones used to say, on dads army,
    ps some of my keys dont seem to work,

seaparated by a common language as their presidint and oue prime minister used to sat,
    qrz

4. Guest

Guest Guest

quickie to nf0a,
    i didnt say iraq was the topic,
    you want a month there,
    im sure it can be arranged,
    qrz

5. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks mike from la land,
    have you personally been offended by glen,
    qrz

6. Guest

Guest Guest

methinks my last comment was taken out by the moderator'
    was it that bad,
    just an observation
    you lot read Orwell's book, 1984,
    qrz

7. Guest

Guest Guest

ok a bit slow on the digital way of keepin up 2nite,

lets leave you all with this progressive thought,
    no matter what the callsign, its all in the qso
    :
    text follows

THE HAM PRAYER
    Lord, thou knowest better than I know myself that I am growing older and will someday be old. Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion.
    Release me from craving to straighten out everybody's affairs.
    Make me thoughtful but not moody; helpful but not bossy. With my vast store of wisdom it seems a pity not to use it all, but Thou knowest Lord that I want a few friends at the end.
    Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details; give me the wings to get to the point. Seal my lips on my aches and pains. They are increasing and love of rehearsing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by. I dare not ask for grace enough to enjoy the tales of other's pains, but help me to endure them with patience.
    I dare not ask for improved memory, but for a growing humility and a lessening of cocksuredness when my memory seems to clash with the memories of others.
    Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be mistaken.
    Keep me reasonably sweet; I do not want to be a Saint – ( some of them are so hard to live with ) - but a sour old person is one of the crowning works of the Devil.
    Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places and talents in unexpected people. And, give me, O Lord, the grace to tell them so.
    AMEN
    Howard

keep the faith

8. Guest

Guest Guest

hi andy.
    it certainly shuts them up
    when they have nothing to say
    alligator station , some of the yanks, but not all.
    see, they are the first to give it, but when you confront them, nothing....
    i reat my case,
    qrz

9. Guest

Guest Guest

i wonder if anyone can tell me wyh this thread has come to a dead stop, or am i answering my own question,
    perhaps a bit like heisenbergs uncertianty prrincipe, or more succincly, schroddingers cat,#
    sorry for the spelling,
    how say you,
    just 2 make a point on the futile things we do
    qrz
    g7xyz

kkk

10. WX1F

WX1F Ham Member QRZ Page

Try living 5 miles (as a crow flies) from Glen. Before I was an aspiring tech, I heard his crap on my DX-160 and almost stuck to SWL. Thank God for my old friend Mossy Flint WL1WO, who showed me there was more to Hamming than self indulgence.
    73 Everyone
    Gordon W1BAK/AE (Yahoo !! Finally !!)

11. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I find it amazing that a few of the posts indicate some "honor status", for this poster child of what went wrong. Bottom line he is the "worst" that could be in amateur radio, and anybody that thinks he is some sort of cult hero, is way off base.

I have seen over the years texts of his dribble, audio bites of his flagrant violations and rants, and am glad he is getting it in the end.

Remember you are known by the company you keep.....

[​IMG]

12. W5JON

W5JON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here we go again, let the comparison of K1MAN to the ARRL (W1AW) begin. Anyone that tries to associate the two, obviously has not read the NAL Filed against K1MAN, and/or has no understanding of the FCC Regulations.

John W5JON

13. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

If you take the time to read the charges under BACKGROUND Section II, 6. it is apparent that the FCC made a point to indicate the "limited exceptions (to broadcasting) were not applicable in this case."  

This may have been meant to separate Baxter's actions, with respect to broadcasting, from that of the ARRL, as it would appear they (ARRL) do comply with 97.111(B) 5&6.

14. K4RWH

K4RWH Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't state this enough, "The Comparison of K1MAN with W1AW is surely unwarrented!" W1AW helped me get past the code thru it's PUBLISHED SCHEDULED TRANSMISSIONS!
    K1MAN has only overtaken the frequency's I attempted to operate on without inquiring if the freq was in use first or begging my pardon.

K1MAN is an @$$ who is getting what he is due! Yet he deserves more...........like another larger fine for not complying with the very FIRST FCC NOTIFICATION!!!!

So be it! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!

Har Har Har my maties!!!!

K4RWH

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Brian--

Thanks for the ongoing info you provided on this matter.

Remember, when the facts are damning, nothing else matters.

Chip N1IR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.