ad: Alphaant-1

ARRL CEO Tom Gallagher, NY2RF, to Retire

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KF7WIS, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WA7CCA

WA7CCA Ham Member QRZ Page

I thank Tom for his service and look forward to the next generation of ARRL leadership. Every ham should consider becoming a member of ARRL. They are our only voice in keeping amateur radio frequencies safe.

KK5R and KF0G like this.
  2. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

CQ magazine will tell us what happened. If I ever get an issue on time ;)

N2SUB and KK5JY like this.
  3. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got a cell phone alert saying they are shutting down ham radio in preparation for WW III. It could be a false alarm again.

4. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

...from what?

ND6M likes this.
  5. KK5JY

If you live in Hawaii or Japan, just ignore it. Apparently their alert systems don't have the "squelch" set high enough. :cool:

KK5R, W0FS, N2SUB and 1 other person like this.
  6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

The ARRL needs to focus on incidental radiators

W0PV likes this.
  7. KD5HLV

KD5HLV Ham Member QRZ Page

8. KD5HLV

KD5HLV Ham Member QRZ Page

A few words. .... Glad he decided this.

NK2U likes this.
  9. KK5JY

I would be encouraged to see them focus on any kind of RFI. But agreed, the big threat to HF is unintentional QRM from things like power lines and light ballasts.

10. AD6NR

AD6NR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I attended the forum where Dick Norton supposedly violated the "Code of Conduct". To the best I can remember, he did not actually criticize it, he did not say how he voted or anything else that, based on what I know of the code, would be considered a "violation". There were a number of others from the audience who were very vocal about criticizing the code, but Dick remained rather quiet. Since all these proceedings are secret I suspect we will never why Dick may be censored or who requested it.

NK2U, W5JON, K2PH and 3 others like this.
  11. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's the best explanation I've heard so far. No doubt it was a sub-standard pot manufactured by a foreign company that's owned by a subsidiary of an investment firm that Donald Trump's nephew interned at during summer break between Junior and Senior years in high school.

W0FS, WB6RDV, AK9S and 2 others like this.
  12. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Perhaps there's a tell-all book deal in the works. ;)

W0FS likes this.
  13. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be nice but limited number published keeps the cost up and have you priced decent new technical books lately? You could always go to B&N and
    see if they will discount their books since they allow the unwashed masses to have coffee and read whatever they want, point out he stains and fingerprints
    on "new" books :)

14. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I usually check out half priced books whenever I get a chance to go to Cincinnasty, Have an active search on Flea-Bay...
    Hoping maybe a hamfest close enough that I can check em out...

15. K4CPM

K4CPM Ham Member QRZ Page

I find the timing of this rather strange. I think that the kitchen was heating up and he decided to get before it got to hot. Besides that, I suspect that the CEO salary is not that great anyway, so why put up with the aggravation? He is just a bit older than I am, so I can relate to not wanting to be aggravated overly much.
    Nothing personal, but I don't think he was a very good match for this organization anyway.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.