ad: portazero-1

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. March 18, 2020.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Mar 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

John, I am repeating this from your post, to make sure that it may get passed on through the MD/ham network. I have already forwarded it to my MD contacts.

Thanks for posting, and we all wish you and your wife well!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To that end, my beloved YL-SO is a professional clinical pharmacist (PharmD) at our regional teaching hospital in FL. She informed me yesterday this drug combo, hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, has officially become their "standard of treatment" for patients presenting as positive for COVID-19.

W0PV likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

3. IK0TIX

IK0TIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nathan what you write is absolutely correct!
    When the Italian government decided to start quarantine, it was to avoid the crisis in the health system.
    This virus must be fought through the sense of responsibility of each individual person; the rules are simple if not respected the effects are disastrous, rapid and so evident that we end up in 3 ways:
    - panic for those who are anxious by nature
    - a form of ignorant indifference of those who feel invincible (they are the most dangerous)
    - the fatalism, especially the elderly. Fortunately, young people here are proving wiser than old people
    If there is no self-control, the alternative is the Chinese one: martial law. I personally hope to never see something like this in my life.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    W1YW likes this.
  4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

We are all so deeply saddened by the situation with our Italian friends:-(

N9NY and IK0TIX like this.
  5. IK0TIX

The speech of Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte ended a few minutes ago.
    All non-essential production activities are stopped.

6. K9TWC

K9TWC Ham Member QRZ Page

And I thought this was just a hoax? Imagine that.

7. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Apparently it does not like UV Rays,Heat or Humidity so hopefully the summer will reduce it's effects while a vaccine is tested and proved :cool:

G3SEA/KH6

8. IK0TIX

That's what many hope for.
    For the first time in two months, the number of infected is declining even if, as expected by Nathan, there are conflicting opinions.
    The temperatures of these days, in Italy, have been spring (12-17 ° C at times 20 ° C).
    Unfortunately, since yesterday, winter temperatures have returned (in some regions of the south it is snowing today, in Rome tonight we touched 0 ° C).
    The rest is March (in Italy it is said that the "Marzo è Pazzo" in rhyme).
    We hope this declining trend is confirmed from now on.

9. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

So the virus is spreading more slowly in the southern hemisphere's summer?

10. IK0TIX

11. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

12. IK0TIX

The link takes you to the Italian "Protezione Civile" site (in short, it's the government agency like SAR) then reports estimates in Italy.
    A quick translation of the main numbers reported:

Attualmente positivi = infected
    Guariti = healed
    Deceduti = deceased
    Totale positivi = total
    on the left is the list of the Italian regions with sub-totals.
    on the right diagrams day-by-day: actual infected in orange, healed in green, deceased in grey

As you are thinking, it would be appropriate for these numbers to be added to those of other countries to have a geographical and thermal mapping of the spread of the virus. But it is clear that the world is waking up late.
    Probably factors such as territory, climate and population density per square meter are key elements, at least to manage emergencies.
    I want to hope that the politicians and experts of the world are confronting each other.

13. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

so sad so many Americans are brainwashed, some of the posts here show it perfectly

Im outta here, so sickening

14. IK0TIX

Michael,
    believe me, it's not just an issue for Americans.
    Below is the worldwide link kindly sent to me by Greg KI6GIG (thanks Greg you are always number 1).

https://www.covidvisualizer.com/?fb...HoDKfTSfBSdHmFRpq-2uEfkSflBLJX0pvSr6CSH-MBs48

Many Italians scattered around the world went into self-quarantine and and these are derided.
    Someone, also, said that it is typical of some people to look for a reason not to work.
    Viruses do not make race distinctions and are comfortable with stupid people. Our only "hope" is to try not to be stupid.
    And remember, however, that it is not governments that make a nation great.
    It is a great people who make a nation.
    And you are a great people.

W0PV likes this.
  15. IK0TIX

wonderful....

Attached Files: