ad: Radclub22-1

12 Days of QRZ

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 1, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Hmmm.... that's unfortunate. Let's ping Jaime and see if there's something afoot @KF7WIS

Dave
    W7UUU

K2AMF likes this.
  2. K9TDW

K9TDW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

W7WGC, W9HJ, KF7WIS and 2 others like this.
  3. CA3GDH

CA3GDH Ham Member QRZ Page

Bueno el premio!!! ojala que lo envien mas rapido porque QRZ se esta demorando mucho en el envio....llevo mas de un mes esperando otros y no hay informacion. Saludos

4. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The 12 days of QRZmas?

KF7WIS and N8QQE like this.
  5. J69Z

J69Z XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am on with this great thinking. i will be running 12 days. Wish all a merry Xmas

N8QQE likes this.
  6. K2AMF

K2AMF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[QUOTE="K2AMF, post: 6381135, member:
    ==================================================
    Also my total was 2 when I first found this and even though I have had plenty of confirmed contacts this month that 2 number hasn't changed. I suspect this new award is so popular something is causing the database to corrupt.[/QUOTE]

I am still getting an error when I click on a confirmation box which isn't a problem really. I misunderstood how this award worked as I thought you only had to get 12 contacts during the entire period but now see you can only get credit for a single contact per day. Not a problem either. 73

7. AC1O

AC1O Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So one conformation per day will count for the award? no matter how many you get in a day. Would this be Correct? Thank You in Advance 73s

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Correct - you only need ONE confirmation per day, twelve days total, over the period from December 1, 2022 to February 28, 2023

But on your certificate you can also earn "band entities" or "band rewards" by having 12 days each on multiple bands - from 160 meters through 6 meters!

Any mode works fine - the only requirement is it must fall in the time frame of the award, and must be confirmed on QRZ.

That's it!

Dave
    W7UUU

N8QQE and K2AMF like this.
  9. IK0TIX

IK0TIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

great guys! excellent idea in this period in which too many OM go into hibernation. ;)

W7UUU likes this.
  10. W4POO

W4POO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ready Set Go !!!!

11. KC4TVZ

KC4TVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

KC4TVZ should have by Dec 12th , Whats next.?

12. N8QQE

N8QQE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is very cool, Mr. Fred... thank you! Have a Merry Christmas to all who work for, participate and use, QRZ!

13. NU4N

NU4N XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Where does one apply for the award ? Thanks Dave NU4N

14. W0AQ

W0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

See Post #35.

15. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred, You surely don't need my approval but this is a great idea along with Jumpstart. You are doing more than the ARRL for new hams and that is very good. Congratulations to you, QRZ.com, and all involved.

As you know, I have suggested such programs to Newington over the years including a weekly "net" on 2 meters and 70cm for hams on ARRL club local repeaters. A way for the "Bofeng" hams to get started and make friends. I got the official "Thanks but no thanks" mail. I miss the days when Jim Haynie would pick up the phone and call me and others.

W7UUU and W9EBE like this.