ad: wmr-1

12 Days of QRZ

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 1, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. ZL3OF

ZL3OF Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm halfway towards achieving this award. It does seem strange going for a winter award when it's summer here.
    Have two confirmed contacts with W7UUU, on 10m and 12m. That should qualify for some sort of multiplier? :)
    However it is a lot of fun and I'm more active than I otherwise would have been.
    Ian
    ZL3OF

KK7IAA and KF7WIS like this.
  2. VK6KFK

VK6KFK Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you view the PDF file ? is it only for the 12 days or can you view all your awards in PDF ?

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Once you achieve the award you can view a PDF version of it. It will look like the one in the announcement thread for the 12-Days award and sum up all of your accomplishments by band etc. But not until it's actually "awarded" :)

Dave
    W7UUU

4. N5EAL

N5EAL Ham Member QRZ Page

I haven't seen any spots that would show it is going on.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

It’s not a contest - there’s nothing to “spot”

It’s an award for confirming stations you work and confirm on QRZ between December 1 and February 28

So just get on the air - work stations and log them on QRZ and once you have 12 days (any 12) of confirmed contacts, apply for the award!

There are also band endorsements for each of the 11 bands

Dave
    W7UUU

6. N5EAL

N5EAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok. Well, I've been talking for sure. Thank you for the better understanding!
    I do a lot of contests and just thought this was one more to go for.

7. VK6KFK

VK6KFK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have awards but never seen a PDF to view, only to buy the award it self

8. W0AQ

W0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In another hour, some of us will be up to 11 of 12. :)

9. W7UUU

Oh, I'm sure quite a few will be in fact. It's a VERY easy award to earn - just be on the air and log to QRZ :)

Dave
    W7UUU

10. KD4BVG

KD4BVG Ham Member QRZ Page

11. W0AQ

It should be accomplished in less than 10 hours. :)

12. KC4TVZ

KC4TVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Only 1 more Day to go... I can't wait for this. UTC tomorrow here i at 7PM EST. Activation of Late Shift POTA will complete the 12th Day. 73 KC4TVZ

N2NWK likes this.
  13. W0AQ

14. W7UUU

GOT IT!!! YAY!!! Man - some guys were really quick on the draw!!! :):)

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2022-12-11_16-6-32.png

W2TAD and AB8MO like this.
  15. KD4QMY

KD4QMY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I applied for the 12 Days of Christmas award and was issued number 157. However, I have not been able to locate where to download the "free PDF" - I know the procedure to purchase any of the QRZ Awards for a nominal fee but where to you go to download the PDF? Thanks and 73, George KD4QMY