ad: Radclub22-1

Yaesu FT-710 Field Setup

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WC0O, Oct 6, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W6ZD

W6ZD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The 891 has buttons on the top as well.

2. PA0MHS

PA0MHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, because the FT-891 is in the same category as the FT-817/818. The FT-710 isn't in that category IMO.

3. WW7GBA

WW7GBA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video, and informative. The black power box you have on the video, who manufactures that? I would love to get one of those before summer. I am getting ready for POTA, so it's time to buy the stuff I am going to need, then I can install & outfit my Durango over the winter months, so when spring gets here I will be ready to roll!

4. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

The radio has no cw decoder button, no roofing filter, no buttons on top as opposed to on the front

5. HL3LMS

HL3LMS Ham Member QRZ Page

*****very good !! *****

6. N8SA

N8SA Ham Member QRZ Page

I also had an IC 7300, and it is a nice radio, and especially powerful for a starter rig. But I now use the FTDX10. It, IMHO, is leaps above the 7300. I tossed the 7300 to an old friend who was using a 20 year old rig and could not afford a newer one. He loves the 7300 for CW, which I seldom do, and I love the DX10, which I control with Ham Radio Deluxe. John Kruk of Yaesu spoke about the button size and trying to strike a balance between real buttons and menus. It is a constant struggle to get the balance. My FAT FINGERS dont fit in there very well either, but with HRD running I seldom touch the radio. Rather than your pointer idea, that was the compromise I came up with. I also did not want to spend the extra money for the FTDX101. That is a lot of radio. Still considering the upgrade. I plan on playing with one at Dayton next year to get a FEEL for ti and see if it is worth another upgrade at that time. I think the DSP system in the DX10 is so above the 7300 as for me to dump it from my shack within two weeks of getting the DX10. IMHO, N8SA

N4KRX and K4SAX like this.
  7. KD2BBC

KD2BBC QRZ Lifetime Member #587 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I will
    Not even accept a free one as donation …

best to just buy the FTDX-10

the Siamese twin on the side is a big turn off

on the long run will get mad scratches

thumbs down

nahhhjhj Imma pass on this one

Somebody at YAESU was very bored to come up with this 710

Sorry that’s a negative for me that 710

8. W7DGJ

W7DGJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice video Frank. Especially the actual use of the radio . . . I'd be in for one, but I'm not certain I would like to have control buttons on top of any piece of gear. Doesn't make sense to me. Dave

9. W6FRD

W6FRD Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good description of the yaesu FTDX10, I’m partial to yeasu. Anyway I like all the Yeasu HF rigs, I concluded that yaesu has the best audio period. W6FRD.

10. KD6FOZ

KD6FOZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice setup! Good job sir