ad: dxeng

Yaesu FT-1DR / FT-1-XD Programming Tutorial

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6F, Apr 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. W6KKO

W6KKO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The FT1DR is slow to acquire the satellites, very very slow. The FT1XDR picks up the signals quick, so I can avoid leaving the GPS on all the time and burning the battery. I found the FT1XDR to be on par with the Kenwood D72A regarding GPS coordinate acquisition and position. I have not tested a FT2 against the FT1XDR yet.

Yaesu released the "X" version of the HT and the mobile and the GPS was pretty much the difference. Still, for those not interested in APRS or using the GPS, the non "X" models can be picked up at lower prices.

WJ6F and AD5KO like this.
  2. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

Well both models seem pretty popular. Whenever either an FT1-XD or -XDR gets posted for sale here they get snapped up rather quickly.

AD5KO and WJ6F like this.
  3. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like I may be n the market for a new HT, depending on repair costs for my FT-2. Unfortunately, it was dropped and the screen is trashed. Can't read a thing on it. I guess that is the hazard of these new fancy radios. My FT-60 has fallen from 6 feet with absolutely no issues.

4. WB2LBV

Since this got bumped, for those interested Yaesu has just released new firmware for all the Fusion radios to support the added Fusion II features.

WJ6F likes this.
  5. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool thanks for the info!

6. WB2LBV

Looking at the release notes it's just some new group ID stuff and no other apparent performance or feature changes, but who knows. There is also a corresponding DSP update.

7. WB6OZD

WB6OZD Ham Member QRZ Page

Can anyone tell me if the FT1XDR plays FM in stereo? Currently, when using my VX-8DR, I can listen to stereo and also dual watch (which I know the FT1XDR also does), but the VX-8DR lets me use a standard headphone and listen in stereo and plays the two monitored frequencies in separate channels - A freq plays in left audio and B freq plays in right audio channel. No where in the manual for the FT1XDR does it describe this capability, whereas the VX-8DR clearly outlines it in the manual.