ad: Radclub22-1

WX widget for QRZ page?

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KC1OHT, Dec 19, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC1OHT

KC1OHT Ham Member QRZ Page

Good evening fellow QRZ users. My name is Shannon callsign KC1OHT. I have an ambient weather station WS-2902 at my home QTH, I've had it for about a year now. Since I recently started updating and adding to my QRZ page I thought it would be neat to have the WX observations from my station displayed on my QRZ page. Only problem is I can NOT figure out how to do it?

Ambient Weather offers their own code for a iframe to embed into a website but I guess it needs JavaScript to run because it is not working on QRZ, says JavaScript must be enabled to use Ambient Weather Dashboard. (I do have JavaScript enabled on my browser (Google Chrome) and I did try Microsoft Edge just to be sure it wasn't a browser issue)

My weather station reports to pretty much everything it is able, AmbientCWOP, Weather Underground, PWSweather (which gives me free access to aerisweather for whatever that is worth), it displays on APRS.fi

If anyone can point me in the direction of a widget I would be able to place on my QRZ page that I can put my API key into and have it display the WX conditions taken from my weather station specifically I would greatly appreciate it. (I feel like I've seen it from other QRZ users but of course I can't remember whose page it was.

I hope everyone has a great rest of their day/night and appreciate any help any one can offer

73 de KC1OHT
    Shannon in Lynn Massachusetts

K8LJM likes this.
  2. K7TCH

K7TCH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I came here for the same reason. I have tried, Firefox, Brave and Edge with no luck.

3. KC4HW

KC4HW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

GM, first of all I am not well educated in this area, but use the I-Frame tag from WD4DAN for the POTA applet might provide some insight. There is a help URL for the POTA app https://pota-stats.wd4dan.net/?help perhaps this will provided some clarity, IDK. GL

On the Biography Edit Page there are three rolls of editing icons that has various other forms, to add information about the I-frame. It is shown in the "editing" rolls near the center (green circular icon).

Hope this help and not create more confusion! GL

Jim/KC4HW

BI6NSL and K7TCH like this.
  4. K7TCH

I was asking in the Ambient Weather Network Facebook group about this and the leading consensus is that it's a QRZ website thing. They are possibly blocking Javascript for security reasons. This is a reply I got from one person.."It's a site specific thing. The hosting on their end. You can enable or disable all sorts of extensions on a website host. They'll likely have em off by default for security." I am experimenting with using a QR code embedded on my page that will take you to my home weather stations dashboard and all stats on it. Its not ideal, but the only thing I can come up with at this time. I am also going to work on figuring out how to make a clickable link for it.

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

K7TCH likes this.
  6. K7TCH

Yes, I figured it out. I found the 'link' button in the editor and was able to turn text into a clickable link just above my QR code. I had just become a Platinum member, so suppose I could look into the option of having that QRZ page designer figure out something a little more nicer looking since that is a benefit of being a Platinum subscriber.