ad: Radclub22-1

WSJT-X v2.0.0 by K1JT released - not compatible to earlier versions!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by DH2ID, Dec 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. NP2GG

NP2GG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Done. I edited my post to remove the term selfish fools. Thanks. I needed that...:D

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  2. K3SZ

K3SZ Ham Member QRZ Page

See post #69 regarding XP compatibility.

W2XG likes this.
  3. W2XG

W2XG Ham Member QRZ Page

Even better, thanks

4. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

In the beginning the FCC mandated FSK shift for amateur radio Baudot RTTY was 850 hz. That proved to be problematic and after the regs were revised enabling choice and making that the max, the adopted de facto standard became 170 hz.

The changeover had similar repercussions and effects as this revision in FT8, however back then it often included hardware changes. But because of similar obvious benefits, it occurred without so much hoopla.

73, John, WØPV

5. K3SZ

K3SZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just worked KK5JY with V2.0.0. on Win XP so compatibility is not an issue for me. I put the .CSV file in the log directory as indicated in the V 2.0.0 user guide.

W7UUU and KK5JY like this.
  6. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like that was the first time I have you in my logfile, too. :cool:

K3SZ likes this.
  7. SE3X

SE3X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You guys over in the US shouldn't complain about people not upgrading .. Running on 20, 40 and 80m for a couple of hours with 2.0. Activity so low it's a joke .. Though I'm not laughing!

Upgrade Europe! Well that goes for the most of you on FT8 ..

8. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe you could just roll back to 1.9 for a while?

W9MB likes this.
  9. WB9AZA

WB9AZA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very easy to upgrade. It writes over version 1.9.1. Use the defaults offered during the installation.
    Windows 7, FT2000 with CAT control at my QTH. All works well.
    If you cant do this easy upgrade other issues prevail.

10. SE3X

SE3X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No way! We are going in the direction of 2.0 and as soon as more upgrade to 2.0 The less left with 1.9 the better. When those yeasterdays operators see them self more or less alone on the bands, maybe they will upgrade as well.

UT7UX and NP2GG like this.
  11. KC2FQ

KC2FQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Question to those who've upgraded:

Does 2.0 read the wsjtx_log.adi file from 1.9 and are you supposed to transfer that to the new program's directory? I ask because I like the color coding where it shows both callsigns of people I've worked or not, AND countries I've worked or not.

12. K5YG

K5YG Ham Member QRZ Page

I installed WSJT-X v2.0.2 on December 10th. I have operated on 160M every evening, making about 10 contacts. Will guys using the old software decode with X?

13. K5YG

K5YG Ham Member QRZ Page

WSJT-X reads your data from the older version- Simply install X and you are good to go. Leave old version on your PC before you install X. Oops, do not know if it loads your previous Log File.

14. LA6VQ

LA6VQ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It does.

15. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Keep in mind that JTDX is more common in Europe than in North America, and it's not yet 77 bits ready.

I use JTDX, and switched to WSJT-X, at least until it's updated.