ad: CQMM-1

WiresX Room to be Part of WW1USA Event, This Weekend!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W0ICQ, Oct 7, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W0ICQ

W0ICQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Special Event Station WW1USA of the National World War I Museum and Memorial will be on the air at Kansas City, Missouri to observe the Centennial of the Battles of the Isonzo during the Great War. Operators from the Raytown Amateur Radio Club of Raytown, Missouri will sponsor this special operating event at the museum, starting at 15:00 UTC on Saturday, October 8th through 22:00 UTC on Sunday, October 9th. All Amateur Radio Operators from around the world are invited to participate in this Special Event by contacting WW1USA on the radio. If you’re in Kansas City during the Special Event, all Amateur Radio operators who present an operator license will receive $5 admission to the Museum for themselves and up to three guests. (No other discounts apply.)

Of particular note for this special event, is a WiresX Room will be in operation this weekend continuously from 12:00 UTC October 8 through 22:00 UTC October 9 in room WW1USA ID 21899 as part of the commemoration.

As with the other WW1USA Special Events, SSB and CW HF operations will also be conducted from the National World War I Museum and Memorial in Kansas City, Missouri under the call sign WW1USA. Spots may be available in the room. The event should be accessible from any WiresX connected node, or via repeater, analog or digital by connecting to Room WW1USA via DTMF ID 21899.

Stations making contact with WW1USA during the Special Event can request a Contact Certificate through the ww1usa.org website. A QSL Card can be obtained via mail by sending SASE or by providing other return postage. You can also obtain an Electronic QSL Card via eQSL.

For more details about this special event, see the QRZ Forum Entry at: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?th...the-world-war-i-battles-of-the-isonzo.539036/

For more information about the National World War I Museum and Memorial at Kansas City, see the link at: https://www.theworldwar.org/

73 and hope to hear you there!

2. W3MAH

W3MAH Ham Member QRZ Page

There are far too many atmospheric conditions to make a connection on digital, let alone voice. Good luck on the Winter Field Day.

73s

Michael
    KF7GRQ