ad: 3DeltaP-1

Windows 10 Home - unable to access qrz.com

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by K7IU, Aug 11, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K7IU

K7IU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just set up a new system with Windows 10 and much to my surprise I cannot access the QRZ.COM website no matter what I do. I can't access it with Microsoft's Edge browser, I can't access it with Google's Chrome Browser and it doesn't allow you to install Mozilla's Firefox browser!.
    I can get to QRZ.COM from other computers running Windows and MacOS on the same network without any problems. I don't want to wipe things and start from scratch.
    I mainly a Mac guy, actually I'm using one of my Mac's to enter this message.
    I've searched online and tried lots of different troubleshooting tactics and still no joy. Has anyone had a similar issue? The response I get from the browsers is a time out error but DNS and IP address trouble shooting shows nothing wrong.
    Suggestions welcome
    Marv K7IU

2. N9PWW

N9PWW QRZ Lifetime Member #658 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'm currently having the same issue.
    Also searched & found no answers.
    Frustrating because I know I'm online.

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Windows Home lacks the Network tools that Pro has.

Pro is the only way to go.

4. N9PWW

N9PWW QRZ Lifetime Member #658 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I just tried something when I got home, and it solved my problem.
    I'm using Edge to access the program.
    I right clicked on the desktop link & ran the troubleshoot compatibility.
    I then ran the program compatibility option.
    After running for a little bit, it gave me the option to go back to the previous version settings.
    I did that and the logbook page opened as normal.

5. KG4LAC

KG4LAC Ham Member QRZ Page

How was the Windows 10 PC setup done? With a boot thumbdrive to do the Windows install or an upgrade from a prior version of Windows?

6. KG4LAC

KG4LAC Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ redirects as shown in the following screenshot. Perhaps, the MSEdge security settings and Chrome security settings are preventing (Both Chrome and MSEdge use the same engine).

upload_2024-5-11_22-27-50.png

Should be able to install Firefox in Windows 10 Home edition. May need to provide admin credentials for the install. You do have admin accout on the Windows 10 Home PC?