ad: ProAudio-1

Windom 40 Antenna By Chameleon Antenna

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6F, Feb 26, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N1NDN

N1NDN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great reply! Its not productive when someone bashes a product and then doesn't back it up with why they bashed it! Thats just complaining and we have plenty of that already. I respect Hams that try out products and report the results! Kudos, well done.

K3RW and WJ6F like this.
  2. KG5EXW

KG5EXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Antenna height of 35'-45' with a hoisting cord at the balun of 25' which intially needs to travel the 35'-45' twice (up and down).
    Am I missing something, or does this somehow not quite work out?

Apart from that .. good information and surely an interesting antenna to check out.

WJ6F likes this.
  3. KT5OT

KT5OT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

blah,blah,blah!

4. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for the response!

5. WA6AM

WA6AM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to all who mentioned Ty-Wraps so many times. I own stocks in that industry and made about 6 cents thanks to you.

K3RW, WA2SWX, WJ6F and 1 other person like this.
  6. KT0G

KT0G XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Gray pipe = CPVC

WJ6F likes this.
  7. KD6LOQ

KD6LOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good video. I like the simple temp setup you did there. Seems like that would be a nice antenna and set up for any SOTA or Field Day work as well. Maybe catch ya on 40m sometime or even 2m (yes, I work the same local repeater as you).

73 de KD6LOQ- Chris

WJ6F likes this.
  8. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for watching! I do plan on using this for this year's Field Day. I will also be taking it to the high desert in the near future. I am on 40 meters pretty much every day, and I do monitor certain repeaters in the area

9. K3EY

K3EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't let the puffed up amount us ruffle you. No need to explain, don't own it.

This is AMATEUR AMATEUR radio meaning doesn't require a heavy construction
    company 50 years in the future to disassemble just to liquidate the estate.

Those kinds of comments are ego based and baseless.

WJ6F likes this.
  10. K3EY

K3EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Includes those who point out mistakes--like mine above--when they can't make real sense

11. KG5RJS

KG5RJS Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the frame those insulated antenna wires are wrapped around made of metal?

WJ6F likes this.
  12. NJ6G

NJ6G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Instead of PVC I use a 8" x 12" carpenter square. Drill a hole at the end of the 12" leg to attach your pulley to, the 8" leg slips down inside the top of the mast. Paint it to prevent rusting.

KK5R, KG5EXW and W5BIB like this.
  13. NV2K

NV2K Ham Member QRZ Page

Which is it: a Windom, or an off-center fed dipole?

14. VA3MPG

VA3MPG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good Job Craig; thanks for taking the time to inform the amateur community. I personally use both the Windom 40 and Hybrid Mini with 17' whip vertical and can say I am a believer. Operating HH2/VA3MPG logged over 7,000 QSO while in Port-au-Prince ........ when I had time to operate. The antennas are extremely well built, and the service from CAMELEON was exceptional before during and after purchase.

WJ6F likes this.
  15. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

No, it is plexi glass.