Who wants to be a moderator here?

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by AA7BQ, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD3NE

KD3NE Ham Member QRZ Page

That kind of garbage does happen here from time to time and should not be tolerated.

AF6LJ likes this.
  2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

It tends to create negative feelings toward the mod and the site. Mods are representatives of the site and might as well wear uniform that identifies as such.
    It's one thing to close a thread and say "this has gotten out of hand" and do the deed...
    It is less than fine form to "just another one of your conspiracy theories" then close the thread.
    Snarky comments never have respectful qualities to them and when there is no retort possible not even a smile that is in poor form.

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Give me the job and I will write the code to make filters so users do not need to see all of the BS, That they do not want to see.

Code can be a good moderator.

I really do not need more work, But I am available to do some cool coding.

Please elect me in November. :p

Sincerely yours, Donald. :D

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    K1FBI likes this.
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've only seen one particular mod here do it routinely. Could be easily dealt with by higher ups.

5. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like the perfect Moderator Fred. You'll have zero Members in no time at all and no moderation worries.:rolleyes:

K4TTJ likes this.
  6. K1FBI

You can't overrule a Super Moderator:eek:

AF6LJ likes this.
  7. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Arguing with the boss is the second fastest way to get canned.

8. K1FBI

That is a valuable lesson!

True Story: As the Lead Inspector I learned to always C.Y.A. and document everything.

One day the President and Vice-President come storming into my office. The President yells: "Who's the AXXHOLE who sent these parts to stock?"

I went into my locked desk and pulled out a marked-up print with discrepancies, date, time and person who authorized acceptance. I handed it to the President and said "That AXXHOLE would be you Sir".

Needless to say I was laid off at the end of the week and collecting unemployment.

9. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not saying nuthin more but I see from following posts that I'm not in a crowd of one!

K1FBI likes this.
  10. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Moderators should have minimal experience with the cast of characters and the particular forum.so as not to be appointed with pre conceived strong biases.
    That will be the hardest part.

Fred sets down the guidelines so we dont have selective moderation as has happened on other form categories.

AF6LJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.