ad: ProAudio-1

Washington DC county glitch

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by K1PCN, Mar 6, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K1PCN

K1PCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was doing a POTA activation in Washington DC this weekend. I usually goto my logbook properties and change the QTH, county, state, gridsquare and lat/log to the park location.

In the county space, I goto "change" and search for Washington
    The top selection of the search is "Washington, US" I choose that option and hit save. The saved county is Washington, US.

When I return to the properties page, the county has changed to "Western Australia"

The correct county would have been "District of Columbia" if I had searched for that. My suggestion would be to remove the Washington, US option and have a Washington, DC option or the top search results include District of Columbia.

Peter-K1PCN

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't remove Washington state!
    Yes, you should have searched DC as the 'state' and not Washington. You'll get District of Columbia County, DC, US

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Please don't remove my state :)

Do as Bill suggests next time... that's the correct answer :)

Dave
    W7UUU

4. K1PCN

K1PCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with you. Washington State should be left as an option but if you currently choose that option under the county field, it defaults to Western Australia so that doesn't help you either. Now that I know to look for DC under county it is not a problem but DC doesn't have counties but it does have towns. It would be nice if Washington, DC was a choice and choosing it would default to District of Columbia instead of Western Australia. Or removing the Washington, US as an option since it is not a county but a state