ad: chuckmartin

Verification Codes

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by N2LRB, Dec 23, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. N2LRB

N2LRB Ham Member QRZ Page

It's been less than two weeks since I last had to re-login and wait for the verification code. A process which I thoroughly hate (putting it mildly). I checked the box to ensure that I only get asked this every 30 days. But I was asked to do this again today after having done it last on the 9th of December. Today being the 23rd of December. My bank does not make me do so much to use my online account. You should have a special something which can identify people who have never tried to break into your (non-banking) system. And who can be trusted. QRZ is not a bank hence I don't see the need for all this verification code business.

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

So turn it off.... the option is in your account settings.

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2021-12-23_8-35-24.png

3. NG1H

NG1H Ham Member QRZ Page

The web site is (presumably) using a cookie as a verification token and it has an expiration date. If you are going to do it that way then an expiration date is (from my dated experience) actually a pretty good idea. Yes, it is an annoyance but at least they are trying have a bit of security.

On the list of things to fix I would focus first on the annoying habit of redirecting you to the main page after login rather than back to where you were.

But back to the original issue I would suspect that an improvement in the login would involve a substantial change in the underlying system and/or purchasing of expensive tools.

4. NG1H

NG1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Even with 2 factor turned off it still makes you login about once a month.

5. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

So still no fix for this - every 2 weeks ?

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Please file a direct support ticket: https://ssl.qrz.com/support

HQ support folks may be able to sort out what's happening.

Dave
    W7UUU