ad: UR5CDX-1

Unstable unusable at times screen

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by N0ZQL, Oct 16, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N0ZQL

N0ZQL Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings I am John n0zql,
    Well attempting to log contacts using qrz, I find that the screen jumps around, this happens both on my smartphone and my tablet. There are times when I cannot enter information in my logbook, I have turned off the screen reorientation, what else can I do? It doesn't seem to matter which device I use, my logbook screen gets small, sometimes. And when entering a call sign, it will jump away to another screen. Totally frustrating!

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you specify the "unstable" mode when you set things up?

N0ZQL likes this.
  3. N0ZQL

N0ZQL Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings KL7AJ, I have found no such button or key. The fact that it's happening on two different kinds of devices a smartphone, and a tablet, worries me some. If it was merely inconvenient I could live with that. But it's really hard for me as an old man, to enter into my logbook. No other web pages, or websites offer this challenge. I would really appreciate some practical suggestion, perhaps there's a setting in both of these devices that needs to be adjusted it doesn't seem to matter whether the screen rotation is on or off. Are you aware of any other settings that might affect this? Or is it just a matter of having the page completely full of little ads? I was setting this up for myself, I can see no purpose in a unstable setting, unless I were setting it up for an enemy.

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you try a different browser? I use Firefox and I've never had any trouble.

5. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page