ad: MLSons-1

The Amateur Radio Parity Act - Could become reality...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Aug 9, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

You can make this personal about me instead of the topic at hand if you like, but doing that only demonstrates that you have lost the debate.

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

But that rule somehow doesn't apply to you, right? The rest of us quote all kinds of documents, expert opinions, court cases, federal rules, etc., supporting our positions, and you just say things as if they were fact, and now you assert that the burden of proof rests on the person posting the comments?

You have reached an all-time new level of hypocrisy, even for you.

3. KK5JY

He doesn't have a subject. He has a faith, and the rest of us are unbelievers. That's the entirety of the issue here.

4. KC8VWM

You have provided absolutely no proof whatsoever to suggest this bill was written for people who are without any restrictive covenants.

5. KK5JY

Except the bill's text itself.

WA7PRC likes this.
  6. KC8VWM

The text of the bill does not in any way suggest this bill was written for people who are without any restrictive covenants.

If you think this bill applies to people without any restrictive covenants, let's see your proof.

7. KK5JY

If the literal text of the bill isn't sufficient proof, what kind of proof would qualify as "proof" to you?

WA7PRC likes this.
  8. KC8VWM

The literal text of the bill says the following:

What the text of the bill does NOT say is that it also applies to people without any private land use restriction or restrictive covenant.

9. KK5JY

Sigh... we did this already:

10. KC8VWM

As it applies to an existing land use restriction and covenant.

Again, please explain the faulty logic why you think a person would be required to seek approval to install an antenna, where no such approval is required to install any antennas because no such covenant restriction exists?

11. KK5JY

Since you have already made up your mind that my answer is going to be wrong, I think I'll pass.

12. KC8VWM

The text of the bill does not in any way suggest this bill was written for people who are without any restrictive covenants.

If you think this bill applies to people without any restrictive covenants, let's see your proof.

If you cannot provide this proof, then you're out of gas.

13. KK5JY

I just did, and you weren't listening. Repeatedly on both counts.

At this point, if people are swayed by your arguments, they deserve to live without outdoor antennas.

14. KC8VWM

You're out of gas.

This bill has nothing to do with anyone who is already permitted to install antennas. You don't need to seek approval for what is already permitted and has already been done.

The bill has absolutely nothing to do with anyone who is NOT the subject of any restrictive covenant that would otherwise "on its face or as applied, precludes communications in an amateur radio service;"

15. KM5QS

KM5QS Ham Member QRZ Page

Matt, you have more patience than I, it seems common sense ,in some cases, cannot overcome delusion. Charles , don't bother to respond to this, I just found the ignore button.