ad: Alphaant-1

Shortwave Radio Picture Contest!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG4WXV, Dec 14, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KG4WXV

KG4WXV Ham Member QRZ Page

It's Christmas music on International Shortwave Radio Station WTWW. We want the shortwave radio to take the place of the electric train under the Christmas Tree! We are asking for pictures of your shortwave radio(s) - the most festive picture wins! Include yourself, friends & family, include the Christmas tree, or deck your radio with boughs of Holly and all things Christmas! Send your pictures to email@wtww.us for the chance to win the Grand Prize - a TW 2010 Antenna complete with the quadra stand & custom carry bag! During the week we are starting on 5085 KHz at 7pm CST until 11pm CST. On the weekends we are starting at 1pm CST on 9930 KHz until 7pm when we change to 5085 KHz & it will go until late into the night. Blow the dust off of those classic radios & get them out of the closet or attic and Tune In for Bing Crosby, Montovani, Dean Martin, Burl Ives, Mannheim Steamroller & many more. There is nothing like the sound of Christmas music coming out of the speaker of a classic shortwave radio. We will even accept creative pictures of not so classic radios & newer radios including SDR's that look festive & capture the spirit of Christmas. We also love & welcome videos with WTWW playing in the background. If you think your radio can make Santa smile, then send us your picture - you could be our big winner! Other prizes will be announced as we go along.

email@wtww.us
    or
    WTWW
    P.O. Box 102
    Lebanon, TN 37088

KF7PCL and WM9F like this.
  2. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Why should that email address have all the fun? I'd rather see the contenders publicly.

I think I'll post my "festive shortwave radio" here. No need to enter me in the "contest".

I'm a bit of a minimalist. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    KC2NEO and KF7PCL like this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow!

thats a HUGE radio!

AA9SD, KF7PCL and K2NCC like this.
  4. KF7PCL

KF7PCL Ham Member QRZ Page

1939-1940 Zenith console