ad: MyersEng-1

September 11th 2001 we will never forget

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N1LSB, Sep 3, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N1LSB

N1LSB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

FB_IMG_1441226547379.jpg
    September 11th, or 9/11 were a series of four coordinated terrorist attacks by the Islamic terrorist group Al-Qaeda on the United States on the morning of Tuesday , Septemer 11, 2001 We were forced to realize that even the United States can be attacked by terrorists. Since then and now we look at the world a little difference. In Memory of what we lost and ganed. The USS LEXINGTON will be going on the air. As Americans we will not be silenced....We will not hide in fear.....We will stand strong....Our voices will be heard...."THE USS LEXINGTON WELL BE ON THE AIR SHE WELL BE HEARD" She served our country with honors.. She show the world that America is strong...
    we will be on the air on the 9/11 and 9/12 all hf bands

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
    W5BRO, G4FTF, K5VGS and 2 others like this.
  2. KB3UYT

KB3UYT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for holding this event. God Bless America.

73 de KB3UYT, Eric............

3. WU5E

WU5E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

God Bless America!!!!!!
    Jim
    WU5E

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

On Sept 14 2001 there was a university meeting to discuss 9/11. After listening to a bevy of (other) faculty blame the US for causing(!) 9/11 because of our foreign policy, I decided to leave academia.Easiest decision I ever made.

Chip W1YW

N5AYB, K1XS, KV3D and 1 other person like this.
  5. KM4FVI

KM4FVI Ham Member QRZ Page

3-days later I was in the BIOT!

Frank

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Beautiful part of France that time of year...

7. WX4ET

WX4ET Ham Member QRZ Page

God Bless America !!!!

Erik WX4ET

8. W0FW

W0FW Ham Member QRZ Page

God bless America....and you for putting the USS Lexington on the air!!

Shawn N0BMX

N5AYB likes this.
  9. KO2LA

KO2LA Ham Member QRZ Page

Semper Fi!

10. KA2BPP

KA2BPP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Too many Americans forget. Lost many a good friend that day and a close family friend. I know I'll never forget.
    Thanks for keeping the Memory of all lost in the present.

11. NA4IT

NA4IT Ham Member QRZ Page

I was at home that day, recovering from knee surgery. A friend called on the 2M and said turn on the TV. That day, lives and the way we live our lives changed forever.

Although I'm not a veteran, or Marine, Semper Fidelis... ALWAYS FAITHFUL!
    And God Bless those who still believe in Him.

12. K8CPA

K8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

I will never forget where I was on that fateful day. I was sitting on my front porch with my Daddy. He had just retired from General Motors after 31 years. I was laid off at the time and collecting unemployment. We were out there B.S.'ing and drinking coffee.

I went to go into the house for a refill, when I looked at the TV and realized something bad was happening. I went down here to shack/room and turned on CNN and was watching Don Lemon. I didn't turn the T.V. off for rest of the day. I remember when the second plane hit the tower, and the report that there was one headed to the White House. I remember the fear at that moment.

I had just started going to a new Church in Melvindale, Michigan. Faith Christian Assembly. That next day, as 9/11, if I remember correctly happened on a Tuesday; the service was packed out.

I remember, not long after the attacks, that the liberal left started exploiting the attack for political gain. I was disgusted at that. I also remember people saying that Bush either let it happen or it was a neocon inside job. I was repulsed by that as well.

I remember how Bush used "the war on terrorism" to invade and occupy Iran. A big mistake, in my opinion. I remember getting politically active in 2006, because of Bush's dithering on Iraq. First, I was a "skeptical left of center..." This lasted until 2007, when I realized that the Democrats were nothing more than a clown show gone horribly bad and used Iraq as a wedge issue for political gain. I remember cutting bait with the left and becoming a Patrick J. Buchanan type conservative.

I'm still a blogger and very politically active. I just hope the Republican Party gets it right in 2016.

God Bless America

-Chuck K8CPA

13. W9MRH

W9MRH Ham Member QRZ Page

"In Memory of what we lost and ganed."

Any information on frequencies & call sign would be helpful.

God Bless America!

KF5RHI likes this.
  14. N1LSB

N1LSB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

K

The frequencies and call signs
    3.860 kHz
    7.260 kHz
    14.260 khz
    18.16) kHz
    21.360 kHz
    24.96) kHz
    28.360 kHz

USS LEXINGTON
    Call : W5LEX

KC2P and KF5RHI like this.
  15. K5VGS

K5VGS Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you Pete for getting this event together. I look forward to making contact with the USS LEXINGTON, Call : W5LEX. God Bless America.