ad: LZQSLprint-1

Senate passes National Defense Authorization Act, H.R. 5515

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W1BR, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

"I Like Options"

Me Too! Like operating from my RESIDENCE!

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

2. KB1PA

KB1PA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thats from the House Version. It is not in the Senate Version. It will be decided in conference committee.

3. KB7QPS

KB7QPS Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking at the Sente caledar, it appears they voted on HR 5515 yesterday.

4. KB1PA

KB1PA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, and it passed. Since there 2 bills are different, it goes to a joint house/senate conference committee to decide how to make it 1 identical bill, which will then be passed again by both the house and senate, then it goes to the president.

5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

That is precisely what I stated in my last post... Do you see any invisible writing I omitted?

6. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, and as I showed (but, you conveniently didn't quote), it can be done w/o erecting anything outdoors at home. It can be done right now, and w/o any legislation. Mobile and portable operation are a lot of fun (and the kinds of operation wanted by emergency responders). Remote operation is also very cool.

7. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There's a subtlety. The HR5515 the Senate passed on was not the same HR5515 that the House passed.

What the Senate passed was a Substitute Amendment; i.e they replaced the entire thing with their own version.

The version the Senate passed yesterday is here: https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/hr5515/BILLS-115hr5515eas.pdf.

Amateur Radio Parity is not in that version.

8. WA7PRC

Legislation has been pushed for some time. So, what if the panacea of government intervention never happens? Hams will continue to find ways to get on the air. IOW, where there's a will, there's a way (and, where there's a will, there's a lawyer). :p

9. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I've worked 11 new countries from our HOA from the time this was first proposed:confused:

WA7PRC likes this.
  10. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks! So how do the two houses work now at this point?

11. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

(From GovTrack.us)

"Passed Senate with Changes (back to House) on Jun 18, 2018
    This bill has been passed in the House and the Senate, but the Senate made changes and sent it back to the House on June 18, 2018."

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV BILL

12. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

We want to operate from our Residences. Most people are IN their residences. Tbus, MORE and not less is better. How could you fail such a simple test is what I wonder... It's a Puzzlement.

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV BILL

13. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly correct, I went thru the Senate bill, and there is NO Amateur related rider attached.

14. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

No, the same bill has NOT passed the house and Senate,............... they are 2 DIFFERENT bills.

hint,.... the TEST answer is that BOTH the House and the Senate must pass the exact same bill, or they both "die".

15. WA7PRC

• The key word is WANT (not NEED). So far, you and other legislation followers have equated current fulfillment of public need with increased need. Based on info supplied by ARRL and public safety agencies, if anything, there is DECREASING public need.
    • Hams can currently operate IN their residences using other method(s). Remote operation avails the user with a wide range of VERY good stations in various locations.
    • MORE is better, if there is a defined increased public NEED. Otherwise, it's just more w/o more need (see above).
    • That I've failed such a simple test, is only in your mind. YOU are a puzzlement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.