RT 66 OTA Starts Saturday, Sept 12th

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events' started by NF7E, Sep 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8SQB

K8SQB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Picked up C this evening, about 04:09 UTC SoCal was dead to me and then about that time it all came in at once. C was sitting there working stations and I pounced. Too bad I couldn't find any others working late, although P, which is hours later in StL was still working and as I type they popped up again. Some night owls on here.

2. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I got D and Q on 40 meters, along with most of them.

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wish they tough ones would get on 2M FM! I could work them easily from here simplex!

4. K8SQB

I see where you are this morning, listening on 80m. I have only once before tried 80m on this antenna and tried it again last night. Holy Moly! I think 80 is the ticket to getting the SoCal stations. Everything is in easy range and once the sun is down I'm lighting up SoCal and working stations very easily. I should get on 80m more often. Now I just require the patience of the spider. 73 de K8SQB

5. K8RC

K8RC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Down to W6Q, who so far has only been on 7.260mhz which is under the lower side band of a short wave broadcast station.

Ah, well.

6. WA6MHZ

Stalled at 7 to go! Doesnt look good for a sweep this year!

7. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I always enjoy this event

8. WA6MHZ

Picked up G,A and Arnie as W6B, FOUR to go. C,D,F and J. might be possilble if I NEVER leave the radio shack!

Saw Dave W7UUU get one tonight!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Oh my the drama, Pat - you've got the WHOLE WEEK left :)

Dave
    W7UUU

KJ4BFH and AD5HR like this.
  10. K8SQB

This is all doubly dangerous. I'm spending way too much time sitting here (collecting muchos QSOs) and not getting things done around the QTH and then I spot stuff on the For Sale forum I can't live without ...

None of the stations picked up today, just can't turn the corner into SoCal this evening and J has been lurking just out of reach.