Retevis RT90 Mobile Dual Band DMR Mobile Radio Review

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by BH6PJL, Feb 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE0HTG

KE0HTG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

bought the only one to hope for would be kenwood icom and yaesu no chance they are to stuck on d star and wires x

KK4HPY and KV4BL like this.
  2. W4JFF

W4JFF Ham Member QRZ Page

That Anytone Radio is a Model AT-D578UV DMR and kinda looks like the 878. One thing that is pretty cool first time I seen a Dual Band DMR/Analog with 60 Watts on VHF
    ATD578UV.jpg

KN4MPC and K8XG like this.
  3. KN4MPC

KN4MPC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm just waiting on final price on it. I don't have a mobile in my vehicle at the moment but leaning toward the AnyTone DMR,UHF, VHF that's useful. Load my codeplug from my 868 into and I should be good to go. Like another poster said I hope they make it so it has a remote head unit but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    With the roaming feature I'll probably load up all the listed DMR repeaters in the state.
    I do have a JumboSpot and my cell phone has unlimited data but I rather just be able to get in the car, turn the radio on and ready to go.

4. BH6PJL

BH6PJL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. KN4MPC

6. BH6PJL

BH6PJL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

But it is the Retevis first DMR mobile Radio.

7. KN4MPC

That's fine but it reads like it's saying the RT90 is the first DMR mobile...either way no biggie
    I guess I read it wrong

8. WD8T

WD8T Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not so sure I saw the actual device certifications from the FCC in either post. The companies did file all the technical paperwork and forms though but just that isn't the same as the FCC approval. If it's there please point it out to me.

I remember a couple of years ago RM Italy showing most of their high gain wide band hf amps as FCC approved when all they had actually done is file the paperwork with the FCC. Sometime later the FCC did approve one or two of their amps but not all that RM had listed on their website as "FCC Approved".

I think these Chinese companies are playing with us.

9. ND5Y

ND5Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid
    Search for
    Grantee Code: POD
    Product Code: -DMR3 (the dash is part of the product code)

In the future Retevis might file for a separate FCC ID under their own name for this product like they (and other companies) have done with some of their other products.

WD8T likes this.
  10. N5KBP

N5KBP Ham Member QRZ Page

W5TXR Check the imbedded link to your business web site on your qrz page. Points to some Japaneses blog.