ad: CQMM-1

QRZ Script Errors

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by K8JE, Apr 1, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K8JE

K8JE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I frequently encounter Script Errors when using QRZ pages. Usually I can access what I want by clicking that I do want to continue running the script. However in some cases, like trying to load the map of a station's location on the station's "details" tab, approving running the script still doesn't work.

I get a script error even when posting this message.

I'm running the current iteration of Windows 10 on my PC.

Thanks, Brian K8JE

2. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

What browser are you using? Have you cleared your browser cache? Cookies?

..............Bob

3. KF8KI

KF8KI QRZ Staff Engineer QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Screenshots of the error would be helpful too.

4. K8JE

K8JE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Based on suggestions I got from Dave, AA6YQ, I've silenced the script error messages.

The other significantly annoying issue I have is that in DXLabs Pathfinder, when I click on the "Detail" tab of a stations QRZ page and then on "Show Map", I just get the message "Loading" with a spinning wheel. This does not occur if go directly to QRZ.com. So I'm guessing it's a settings issue in Pathfinder.

My browser is Brave - but I run into the same issue one Firefox and MS Edge. I've cleared temp files and cookies.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Brian K8JE

5. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Brian, what does DXLabs have to do with this? Are you trying to access QRZ via DXLabs somehow? I have used all of the browsers you mentioned with no issues on QRZ, so it makes me think it's not the browser you are having problems but something else that is causing the issue, likely something in DXLabs settings since you mention you do not have the issue if you go directly to QRZ.

Dave is extremely good at helping with these issues so I would get his input, especially if the issue seems to be with DXLabs Pathfinder. I don't think this is a QRZ issue at all.

Good luck!! Let us know what you find out.

.............Bob

KF8KI likes this.
  6. KF8KI

KF8KI QRZ Staff Engineer QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Not to belabor the point, but script errors indicate something is wrong somewhere. Screenshots would be helpful. It will help us be sure that it's either not a QRZ problem, or if it is, gets fixed. I've personally seen script errors related to Google ads, so the problem may be there but it's worth checking. Also, that you're being prompted to approve running the script sounds like you've got your browser security settings wound pretty tight.