ad: CQMM-1

QRZ Maintenance

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K4EET

K4EET Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Fred, it was I that called you during your site's outage. No apology was needed but is much appreciated nonetheless. I probably should not have called but the site was down for maintenance and I wasn't sure if you knew about the "Your Callsign Has Changed" message that was sent out. I had already checked the FCC's database and saw where the previous owner of my callsign had changed their callsign to the callsign that was mentioned in the errant message. I initially thought that the FCC had for whatever reason changed my callsign. I almost had a stroke, literally. LOL! My terminal illness can cause stroke-like episodes when triggered by stressful events. But all is well now. Your honesty and promptness in explaining why QRZ was offline this evening is the trait of a very conscientious website owner who values his customers. 73 from a long-time customer that will remain a customer until the day that I pass away. Rev. David E. Hamm, K4EET

KF7WIS likes this.
  2. NC3C

NC3C Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Really appreciate the comms, Fred. Great job on the recovery. Sorry you had such a gnarly fire drill.
    Cheers and 73,
    Russ NC3C

EB1BSV likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Whew! So glad my reply post "I will give you 1.5 million dollars for it all" also vanished.... I'd had a few beers and the wife caught it while she was perusing QRZ herself - but THANK GOD we had the glitch and you never saw the post

:D:D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

EB1BSV and KV6O like this.
  4. N7ANO

N7ANO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank You for the fix.

EB1BSV and W7UUU like this.
  5. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Stuff happens. I thought it was either my old brain or my Internet service. I'm glad it wasn't anything serious.

And oh! That was a nice page recently in QST about Fred when he visited W1AW headquarters.

Thanks for having this site.

W7UUU likes this.
  6. PD0JBV

PD0JBV Guest

This shows the importance of a good backup schedule/system. Wish y'all the best with this issue and thanks for this open communication to the users.

EB1BSV and K9GLS like this.
  7. GM4BRB

GM4BRB Ham Member QRZ Page

"Your Callsign Has Changed" ...
    ROFL
    'Bump'

8. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Heehee... I kept thinking our household wifi was down... Nope, just Zed problems.

Thanks for the quick recovery!

9. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

It's been said better by all the comments above, but you guys really are the BEST. Thanks for all your hard work!!

EB1BSV likes this.
  10. N6MRS

N6MRS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You can certainly tell from the comments who got the letter and who didn't. The only way to log on and report the problem was to log on with the wrong call sign, using my password and post the service ticket which began: "I'm not N6SJS; I'm N6MRS, but something is wrong..." I tracked down N6SJS (now attributed to me) and let him know something was amiss. For the record, he is in El Cajon, CA and I'm in Florida. N6MRS was his old call sign, changed back in 2014. A quick check of the FCC records let me know that the problem was confined to QRZ.com and not a wider scenario. What a relief to be able to log in normally and realize that nothing went missing and then to see this update from the mother-ship that all has been put right again. I'd be lying if I said there weren't a couple of anxious hours between discovery and resolution, but I'm grateful for a happy ending. Thanks for the comm regarding the issue and for your commitment to the ham community. 73

11. AD5NM

AD5NM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be happy to send coffee, it might be a long day.

AD5NM

12. N6MEJ

N6MEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

:) Job Well Done.

EB1BSV likes this.
  13. KC3GLK

KC3GLK Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow...that network looks like is straight out of Tron!

The only thing worse than data corruption is UNDETECTED data corruption.
    Great work. Kudos for sticking with the problem and resolving satisfactorily.

14. KQ4Y

KQ4Y Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It was a shock to get the email about my call being changed. But, quick work getting thing fixed!

15. KB0HAW

KB0HAW Ham Member QRZ Page

A cold 807 to Fred and the team!! Cheers!!
    You guys ROCK!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.