ad: CQMM-1

QRZ Logbook Status Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. VA3CTX

VA3CTX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

SHORT TERM PAIN LONGTIME GAIN....THANKS FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS..

2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

HI MAURICE,
    CONGRATS ON SNATCHING
    UP W9ZED BACK IN DEC. 2015.

THERE IS A LITTLE OF HUMOR IN
    ALL OF THIS

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE MILITARY
    Z - CODE FOR "ZED"

https://www.pwcares.org/doc/Z-Signals.pdf

BIG BIRD WAVE.gif
    N9HI_Have_a_Nice_Day.gif 73 K1LKP.jpg

WF9J and KD2ACO like this.
  3. KT1TK

KT1TK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not really. We need to all take a breath on this thought about the picture. Although on 1st blush, I thought it might be an image of the team, I soon realized it was obvious it could not be. We're not talking about a service that charges users megabucks, after all. Most users don't even pay! It is now totally obvious to me that it was just a quickly inserted piece of Internet clip-art to act more as a semi-humorous title image to underscore all the cables, racks, complexities, and headaches involved with a server farm. It was never meant to be "reportage".

Let's give Fred the benefit of the doubt for not having a spare second to review every message for it's political correctness. I was once in a very similar position with 1,000s of users worldwide and remember not-so-fondly how each character of each message I disseminated was scrutinized for incorrect data, hidden meanings, adjectives used, time of, and length - all while I was just trying to get a quick message out while juggling multiple high priorities on little sleep. It really got quite insane at times.

Let's just calmly wait for Fred's next update.

KG5WPZ likes this.
  4. N4HNH

N4HNH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Would have appreciated advanced warning so I could have made a backup.

KV6O likes this.
  5. KD2ACO

KD2ACO QRZ Lifetime Member #174 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

K1LKP likes this.
  6. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

HI CHRIS,

I AM HAPPY TO READ
    YOU FOUND THE
    HUMOR IN "ZED"
    AND WHAT IS GOING ON.

CONGRATS ON YOUR TOP
    NOTCH QRZ PAGE..

BRAVO
    THREE CHEERS FOR CHRIS.jpg

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR
    WONDERFUL FAMILY

BIG BIRD WAVE.gif
    puppy blinking eyes.gif
    HAM RADIO IS A
    LOT OF GREAT FUN
    73 K1LKP.jpg

7. VE1ASQ

VE1ASQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

any time soon, just wondering,sad it was on a weekend , just saying ,, ve1asq ty

8. N0CEL

N0CEL Ham Member QRZ Page

GE John. Do you have any of your (original) TQSL *stuff*? The reason I am asking this is that several years ago, I was stupid and did NOT have backups of anything relating to LoTW, the TQSL info and the Password :( After a few emails on my part, back and forth with the ARRL, I was ready to go again with an, albeit, fresh start. It took me about a week to transpose my *hard* copy of my logs (Crayon & Paper :p) but it was well worth it. I also had LOTS of confirmations that were "lost" in my shuffle, so there is that! If you DO get your LoTW back up somehow, just be sure to back up all of it, no matter how "trivial". I learned the hard way. Good Luck and stick with it. All it will take on your part is to try to get with the ARRL and get a passcode reset. It may take a bit, but well worth the time out. Best 73 Mr. Carl de NĂ˜CEL :cool:

AA9UF likes this.
  9. W4MGL

W4MGL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My point was strictly about your decision not to provide advance notice of the downtime and your rationale behind it. I have no doubt that you are working very hard on a very large and difficult task and have no doubt that it will be a successful migration when finished. I fully appreciate the scale of this task and the effort involved, and most certainly am thankful for your making it all happen.

73 de KN4HJP

KV6O and K4OW like this.
  10. N3LHQ

N3LHQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Pause everything for now, the Super Bowl is on.:eek::(o_O

11. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

The Logbook Service has been restored.

NK2U likes this.
  12. VE3PYJ

VE3PYJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

For some reason my logbook has not returned Fred.

13. WX3P

WX3P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Mine were there and now says no contacts. I know they are there somewhere but what happened?

14. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mine's gone too.

15. AG1K

AG1K Ham Member QRZ Page

@AA7BQ logbook comes up, no contacts. Do we need to import from LoTW or re-upload them all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.