ad: Mountaingoat-1

QRZ Logbook Status Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KG5KPU

KG5KPU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Imma guess Fred has a "real" job, and the QRZ thing is his passion. Imma guess the weekend is when he has the time to attend to things. Considering it is a "free" service, I wouldn't complain too much.

N0CEL and W8DOL like this.
  2. AA9UF

AA9UF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Fred,
    Thanks for all you do and best of luck with the upgrade of your system and data transfer. I have abandoned LoTW and will be uploading my logs to QRZ.com from now on. I can't get LoTW to work on my computer for some reason. I finally gave up on it. Never had a problem with your website. Keep up the good work.

John Gercken, AA9UF

3. K6RUV

K6RUV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Carman... were you on the USS Tigrone?

K1LKP likes this.
  4. WF9J

WF9J Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey has anyone mentioned yet that the site is not working still?
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

5. YT5JLA

YT5JLA Ham Member QRZ Page

Logbook still not available ?

6. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Let me put this one to rest. QRZ IS my REAL job and has been since 2007 when I left the corporate world.

W4POT, K5ENS, MW3FLI and 3 others like this.
  7. KC3HRS

KC3HRS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for all you do 73

8. OZ2JOP

OZ2JOP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Keep up the good work

Rgds
    Oz2jop

9. KW7M

KW7M Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Any ideas when we can see our Logs again?. All I get is unable to connect to my logbook message>
    KW7M

10. KI6MUH

KI6MUH Ham Member QRZ Page

ok fred tks for what you do 73 from san diego mike

11. WD5ENH

WD5ENH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Fred, Thank you for a GREAT website. I use this site all the time. To me it's great to keep this site running smooth and up to date and that is a job. Again THANK YOU for QRZ website.
    Great Job!!!
    WD5ENH
    Steve

12. W8DOL

W8DOL Ham Member QRZ Page

I was a database designer/administrator once upon a time. The number of records you're working with would have drown my DBs back in the late 1990s.

When working with huge amounts of data, care has to be taken that the zeros and ones go to the right places. Do it too fast and you have a digi-salad, not a database. I appreciate the care you're taking with everyone's beloved personal contact histories. Personally, I don't have the patience for it and I doubt that many actually do. It's difficult, frustrating work!

73!
    Tom W8DOL
    (Former Action Guy)

13. K7BIR

K7BIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred, Thanks for the awsome job you have done with QRZ..Hope we can "eyeball" again at Glacier-Waterton Hamfest.....Keep it up youngster!!! Thanks again, K7BIR Johnny A.

14. N0UKF

N0UKF Ham Member QRZ Page

While we wait and wait (I thought you said "a few hours" when I first saw the notice, that was 2 days ago), what is the photo at the top?

15. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I use DXLab and upload to LoTW, which syncs every so often to QRZ. My logbooks are also backed up to a local NAS and Backblaze.

I think the QRZ logbook is a good thing, but I do "run my own service", in effect.

Most of the posts here are positive, but there are some customers who appear to be quite frustrated. We'll probably never know if anyones purchasing decisions are affected by this, but attitudes like this (I know you're not speaking for QRZ) can create a PR nightmare.

Hopefully, folks have learned that putting all your eggs in a single basket has risks. Using the 'cloud" has some huge advantages, but there are risks as well.

Awareness of what you're getting - and giving up - is very important. Not unlike conversations we have with the general public about cell phones, and societies over-reliance on something they have no control over.

Best of luck to Fred and crew pulling this off!

N0CEL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.