ad: Radclub22-1

PowerSDR ke9ns v2.8.0 free download

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KE9NS, Oct 1, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. MI6GNP

MI6GNP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi I have a Flex 3000 and before installing this new software I received a pop up message saying the following..... For Wimndows 7 users you must manually install service pack 1 (sp1) before running the installer. Where do I find service pack 1?

VK5FUSE likes this.
  2. VK5FUSE

VK5FUSE Ham Member QRZ Page

Try

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au...e-pack-1-for-windows-7-and-for-windows-server

or

https://windows-7-sp1.en.softonic.com/download

Or do a google search for --- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932)

Hope this helps good luck Greg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  3. AC9PA

AC9PA Ham Member QRZ Page

4. CO4XT

CO4XT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks a lot sir for your generosity! from EL81MT CO4XT.

VK5FUSE likes this.
  5. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't have a Flex. I do appreciate the work. Thanks. 73, -bob ah7i

6. WD5ABC

WD5ABC Ham Member QRZ Page

Great software! I don't take advantage of a lot of the "eye candy" features but the other improvements are still very worthwhile. I've used the KE9NS software on my 3000 and 1500 for a couple of years now.

7. KY4JLS

KY4JLS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks QRZ, and a Big thanks to Darrin for making this into a Power House of software. I just wish Flex would do that with SmartSDR. Needless to say, I'm no longer a Flex owner and now have focused on SunSDR2 DX who is much more responsive to its customers.

KE9NS and KC9FFV like this.
  8. VA3AQB

VA3AQB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use to use the old powerSDR with my LPPAN2, does this software support the LPAN sound card. I still have the 1.7 version I believe, I think I tried to start it a while back just get errors.
    I knew the newer versions did not support.

VK5FUSE likes this.
  9. VK5FUSE

VK5FUSE Ham Member QRZ Page

Giday from down under Alan

I am no expert and not familiar with LPAN sound cards, But a good stating point would be to update windows and your sound card drivers and try again with the software update from Darrin KE9NS well worth the effort to get your Flex radio working .
    Good luck 73

Ps--- If that fails it might be worth buying a new more compatible sound card .

10. KL7IS

KL7IS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Kewl! Thx, love my 1500.

VK5FUSE likes this.
  11. AB4D

AB4D QRZ Lifetime Member #415 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Darrin, your work on PSDR is the reason I've kept my Flex 5000. The GUI and operating aids you have included, are so great, some of the 6000 series owners say Smart SDR is second best when compared to Power SDR 2.8.

Jim, AB4D

VK5FUSE likes this.
  12. K4VL

K4VL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Try this site
    https://windows-7-sp1.en.softonic.com/download

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  13. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

14. WY9A

WY9A Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll take a guess that what it's requesting is SP1 for Windows 7 and not necessarily for the Flex software. If that's the case, Google Win7 SP1 or search on Microsoft's web site. 73

KA9JLM likes this.
  15. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am waiting for a FLEX 5000A in the mail. I have never owned an SDR.. Always an Icom 7800 man.. I downloaded this software to learn it before the arrival of the rig.. Darrin even went as far as a demo mode so one can play with the settings.. Nice touch. De N1FM

VK5FUSE and KL7IS like this.