ad: AbAuRe-1

PowerSDR ke9ns v2.8.0 free download

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KE9NS, Oct 1, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. PY2PJA

PY2PJA Ham Member QRZ Page

Esse software está muito melhor que o original, bem mais consolidado.

2. KC9FFV

KC9FFV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Darrin, YOU ARE THE BEST my friend!

NY7Z, W5ZZ and VK5FUSE like this.
  3. VK5FUSE

VK5FUSE Ham Member QRZ Page

This update is the best its like a futuristic software development .
    The 3D Panadapter signal scope makes vertical waterfalls look boring ,
    The 3D signal view is like Augmented Reality eye candy

on the big screens.
    I can see the weakest signals .
    Mind blowing capabilities for on screen customization ,the list of good things is almost endless ,
    It all comes together & looks sweet on a big screen and runs smooth
    stable and super super fast when portable on laptop
    or my old home desktop computers .

Always Great updates Thanks for sharing
    your software development skills
    with us all .
    KE9NS
    73 from down under.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  4. VE7ZN

VE7ZN Ham Member QRZ Page

For those with a legacy Flex-1500, Flex-3000, and Flex-5000 radio...
    Updates and modifications I have made to the last Flexradio PowerSDR version:

- On screen user Add, Sort, Del, and Lockable, Band Stack (for all bands including SWL bands)
    - Space weather, and Local weather (based on Lat/Long) reporting on Console.
    - Waterfall moves (left/right) with Panadapter on frequency changes.
    - Automatic Pan level adjustment and Waterfall brightness adjustment
    - Allow 2nd receiver to display Panafall mode
    - Multiple Analog meter styles (Left Click), with top or right side locations (Right Click on meter)
    - Transmit call sign into Waterfall
    - Save Drive level per Band and Mode
    - 3D Panadapter (with or without waterfall)
    - Hi-Resolution panadapter/waterfall option (with x100 zoom). 16k points vs 4k points on screen
    -Live “MIC level” meter on Receive
    - 2nd Transmit Meter options including Combo meter (Power out, SWR, ALC, MIC at same time)
    -Larger VFO readout options (with different fonts)
    - Voice Keyer buttons (with auto repeat)
    - ID Timer (either Popup reminder, voice keyer, Water ID, CW keyer)
    - 28 Band GEQ and 9 Band PEQ options for Transmit EQ.
    - Band Text Display directly onto Panadapter (right click on Band Text line)
    - Short Wave defined band buttons (SWL)
    - Short Wave(SWL) updated searchable listings, and display active stations directly on Pandapter (right click on station to directly Google for information)
    - Active ”World Map” (in background of Panadapter) with Grayline, Sun (space weather), Moon (az-el), ISS (az-el), Day indicators.
    - DX Spots appear directly “World Map” (and are clickable take you directly to Frequency and mode).
    - NCDXF Beacon scanner, with visual indicators directly onto world map.
    - Built in VOACAP HF radio propagation prediction directly onto “World Map” based on your Lat/LongDX - Spotter with spots on Panadapter (clickable opens QRZ), and world map (click take you to the Frequency and mode). Spotter screen connects with LoTW and includes beam heading.
    - FCC callsign database for US State identification of DX Spots.
    - Downloads your LoTW log (user name and password), and color codes DX Spots based on LoTW data
    - “Scanner” combines with Memories, to allow scanning by type of memory (with lockouts) or SWL (example: Scan 10m, 6m or 2m repeaters, or scan ALE frequencies).
    - SWR scanner/recorder with visual display on Panadapter along with Spreadsheet file output.
    - QuickAudio multiple file system with WAV and MP3 file save.
    - Automatic scheduled recordings: MP3 audio recording (linked to “Memories”)
    - DJConsole, and PowerMate knob software built in.
    - FlexControl and PowerMate knob with alternate Tune Step to the Mouse Wheel Tune Step, including separate Tune Step for CW vs phone modes
    - Automatic PC Clock update to either Internet NIST or WWV via HF
    - VAC1 option allows mixing PC audio along with Radio MIC audio.
    And a bunch more features.

Free download at ke9ns.com/flexpage.html

Darrin
    ke9ns[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  5. VE7ZN

VE7ZN Ham Member QRZ Page

I use Darrin's terrific software with my Flex 3000. Absolutely an excellent adaptation and implementation with great support from Darrin. Well done!
    Best 73,
    Robert VE7ZN

6. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

For those that still prefer hard copy manual prints, I’m still the authorized (since 2008) printer and distributor of all the legacy Power SDR Flex Radio operating and service manuals in full color. Darrin also gave me authorization to print the manual he generated up to V2.8.0.92 in full color and this manual is always included with the legacy Flex Power SDR operating manuals. Beyond V2.8.0.92, I also include all of Darrin’s Revision Notes in full color up to the present date.

And...I'm also an active PowerSDR user. Been running a Flex 5000 for the last 12 years.

7. HB9EPC

HB9EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Bravo pour votre travail et merci de mettre à disposition cette plate forme mise à jour. A + Chris

KR3DX likes this.
  8. KB6QXM

KB6QXM Ham Member QRZ Page

9. N6RWC

N6RWC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't own a flex and never will, but thanks for taking time to make this.

KN4FTT and KR3DX like this.
  10. K7CB

K7CB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sure wish you could tweak this to work with the IC-7610 and IC-7300...I know I'd use it. HDSDR is good for what it is. I tried SDRPlay but didn't really like it. I used a modified version of PowerSDR with my Yaesu FT-950 and LP-Pan adapter and I liked that application.

VK5FUSE likes this.
  11. K8CLH

K8CLH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's wonderful SW. Great job keeping the old flex platforms operational and relevant - thanks KE9NS!

12. WX4US/SK2022

WX4US/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been using a Flex 5000A for many years and I have been with Darrin and his EXCELLENT free software and upgrades since 2016. I cannot find a better combination of hardware, software, visuals, and performance anywhere for any price up to and including for 3x the price. Thanks Darrin for everything. I almost feel guilty when I download an update for free, so I send him a donation every so often. I hope others do as well.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    WW3JR likes this.
  13. PA0EHJ

PA0EHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

make it for the flex 6xxx serie,s please

14. KE9NS

KE9NS Ham Member QRZ Page

I almost forgot.... I have videos on YouTube showing all the features in operation.
    There are links on my webpage, but if you want to see them all, search YouTube using my name: Darrin Kohn
    And make sure to view them in 1080

Thank you all for the positive response!

Darrin
    ke9ns

K4VL, KR3DX, VK5FUSE and 1 other person like this.
  15. K0MAN

K0MAN Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW, So many thanks for doing that. I don't even have a Flex but I really do like your TOP NOTCH STATUS AS AN HAM!!!