POTA: Jherica's New G90 Gets Broken In

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5ATA, Aug 21, 2020.

ad: L-Geochron
  1. NN2X

NN2X Ham Member QRZ Page

This is highly encouraging! Young children entering the wonderful world of Ham Radio!

NN2X / Tom

N4FZ, K5ATA and KC5HWB like this.
  2. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great episode, Steve. POTA is always fun!

N4FZ and K5ATA like this.
  3. KG4RRN

KG4RRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Good to see the g90 working. Also the family which did all the work.
    It is great to be in p.o.t.a.
    Hope you had many contacts.
    Bob KG4RRN

N4FZ, K5ATA and KC5HWB like this.
  4. K5ATA

K5ATA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks... getting young people in the hobby is what I do, both at work and at home! I'm lucky, I have an awesome kiddo!

N4FZ likes this.
  5. K5ATA

Jherica had more contacts than I did... but that is usually the case hihi. She has gotten really good at working the pile ups... and I am often quite happy just to log them for her and enjoy the time together playing radio!

2E0TWD, KN3A and N4FZ like this.
  6. K5ATA

Yeah, we have a multi day activation coming up soon... time to drag the camper around again!

N4FZ and KC5HWB like this.
  7. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Lovely video, great to see a family at play.

AE0RS likes this.
  8. M0OXD

M0OXD Ham Member QRZ Page

Daft question but I just got this radio and nothing happens when I short press the vfo knob. Manual says short press to change tuning steps. Also the freq readout doesn’t have any digit selected. What setting do I need to change? Thanks.

9. KE6WYF

KE6WYF Ham Member QRZ Page

This is like taking a trip to another state. Thank you for the little detour for my mind.
    Might I make a suggestion? The video is enjoyable, but I am unable to hear the speech all the time due to the radio hash. When the videographer was standing close by, audio was much easier to copy!

10. KD2TTM

KD2TTM Ham Member QRZ Page

Get one! It's a fun radio and then you too can make a fun video! I made a DX contact to Greece with mine this afternoon, running it on a 12v battery in the back yard. The contact looked at my QRZ page and immediately identified the radio from a photo. The G90 is getting around...

N7BWB and JF1IRQ like this.