ad: LZQSLprint-1

Politico Article Raises Concerns of Amateur Radio Parity Act

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0PV, Jun 3, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Beavers?
    BESIDES already allowing Musk Ox as most HOA's do?

WOW...that would be Fantastic!

KC8VWM likes this.
  2. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Think of all of the people out there who are in The RF Closet...
    It's really not fair to them to have to live that.

3. KB6E

KB6E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree. My stealth antenna is unfortunately not invisible. It can be seen and it is against the rules. If ARPA were law today though, the HOA would have a hard (impossible?) time claiming that my wire is somehow an aesthetic affront.

KC8VWM likes this.
  4. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

SOMEONE here hasn't taken The HOA Test yet.... We Won't say WHO, but I'm SURE he knows he is!

5. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Plus... from what

6. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

PLUS...From what I see... You're a Cat. And Cats can't sign Enforceable Contracts, so your HOA agreement can't be enforced.

KC8VWM likes this.
  7. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Why sure.. I mean who doesn't like beavers?

Agreed. There's no valid reason to ban all outdoor antennas that are reasonable and not intrusive to anyone. It's just unnecessary to ban all outdoor antennas across the board.

W8LV likes this.
  8. KB6E

I have a radio that has to run and be warm for the welfare of my cat. Animals have rights too!

W8LV likes this.
  9. KB6E

Under ARPA, I just don't see how an HOA could claim that a wire high up is intrusive in any way.

W8LV and KC8VWM like this.
  10. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Especially if it's an HOA with wires already running everywhere like cable TV wires running in the air through peoples back yards. What difference does adding a wire antenna running through the back yard make in that situation?

11. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Absolutely!
    But I wish I could have at least FOUR Musk Ox...
    It's sad to see the Big Fellow try to do the Wagon Train Thing since there's only one of him... and then I can't get him to just stop standing in the corner and glare at me.

Agreed. There's no valid reason to ban all outdoor antennas that are reasonable and not intrusive to anyone. It's just unnecessary to ban all outdoor antennas across the board.[/QUOTE]

KC8VWM likes this.
  12. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep... emitting 60 Cycle Radiation that I'm SURE is known to the State of California to cause SOMETHING...

KC8VWM likes this.
  13. KB6E

What is funny in our HOA (not really funny at all...) is that you see on some buildings white coax hanging lower under the eaves for the satellite dishes, but God forbid you had a wire going up to a tree! It's stupid beyond words.

If ARPA were law today, tomorrow I would put up a few dipoles in the trees and have the transmission lines come to my deck. Nothing any HOA could object to.

W8LV likes this.
  14. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

^^^ What happens when a coder doesn't check his work before publishing.^ ^ ^
    And (yet AGAIN), I'll never take any "test" from your fertile imagination.

No one is "stuck". They're free to live elsewhere, and the hams are also free to utilize one (or more) of many other ways to get on the air. IMO, you just don't want to admit that.

Again, they're free to live anywhere.

More bizarre word salad.
    Yeah, right.

15. KB6E

I am stuck in my HOA. Sure, I am free to move anywhere. The places I have found around here where I could use an antenna (and I'm not talking about towers) are at least $800 more per month.

I want badly to move out; the HOA has been on my back about my occasional use of my dipole, so I've been looking everywhere around up to 3 hours commute/day. Southern CA is very expensive. Why do I live here then? Well, this is where the job is, and I'm very good at my job, I am appreciated and so I don't want to leave the job.

I am not stuck here literally, but I am stuck for all intents and purposes. ARPA would probably make it possible for me to put some dipoles in a tree. There is nothing that ARPA would make worse for me. What's so hard to understand?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.