"On The Air" with the ARRL's Becky Schoenfeld W1BXY!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6NAZ, Jan 18, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K4WPC

K4WPC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Very happy to see this magazine come to fruition; a most needed tool for folks new to the hobby as well as those who are maybe not very active because life gets in the way. I am a General, but not very active; so, I’m looking forward to the ongoing simplification of this vast acronym driven mystery called Ham Radio. Rodney K4WPC

2. EA5IPC

EA5IPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice!! I love this new idea. I met Becky Schoenfeld at the ARRL headquarters and she is very friendly and professional in her work. She collaborated in the publication about the article of the ARRL in the spaniard amateur radio magazine "radioaficionados". Again, I loved that new idea! Congratulations and good luck!

3. KM2KM

KM2KM Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice podcast, I am listening to that while thumbing through "On The Air" - I've been a ham since 1982 and subscriber to QST. I like the content so far. one issue is the type color - light blue text is hard to read on the present background. The reverse text (White on light blue) in the repeater article is definitely a bad graphic design.

Here is an example of what I can hardly see.

Please stick with black on white - light blue will not cut the mustard.

Good luck with it.

Kris KM2KM

4. K8MGA

K8MGA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd renew, if they grand fathered in all the Advanced License holders to the Extra Class. Otherwise I say continue to "boycott" the ARRL !

KD4LT likes this.
  5. N7JI

N7JI Ham Member QRZ Page

You realize that's an FCC thing, right?

N8YA and ND6M like this.
  6. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe she should be the NEW ARRL CEO!!!!! at least she has a General class

7. K8MGA

An FCC thing under auspices of the ARRL !

8. K8MGA

There are over 39,000 Advanced Old Timer licences holders waiting to respected and treated fairly by being grandfathered into the Extra class. They have been through the true trail by fire with code and theory exams given directly by FCC onsite examiners. It's time to treat them fairly ARRL. If you do your enrollments will arise.

K0UO likes this.
  9. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Shirley you jest.

10. N7JI

N7JI Ham Member QRZ Page

With one additional written exam, you get your extra.
    Before the code requirement fell, you had to take 20 wpm plus one written exam.
    I believe it's probably easier to take one written exam than a written exam PLUS 20 a wpm exam.

Upgrading is a personal choice.
    I know people who stopped at advanced because of the 20 wpm barrier.
    I know people who upgraded to extra as soon as the 20 wpm requirement disappeared.

The 20 wpm barrier to upgrading is no longer in existence.
    The only barrier to upgrading is the desire to attempt do so.

N8YA and W5EKG like this.