ad: Radclub22-1

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by ZL4NVW, Jan 5, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. ZL4NVW

ZL4NVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there a way I can see all new posts in a selection of forums I'm interested in?

I see a way to watch forums, but that seems to be about sending me emails (which I do not want).

I just would like to see all new posts across my watched forums in one place, rather than clicking between each topic in each forum.

(if the answer is obvious, apologies in advance!)

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

When you "watch" a forum, you can select it NOT to send emails. It's a check box in the dialog window you see when you click "Watch Forum" or "Watch Thread"

Instead it will send "alerts" - those little red numbers that appear in the top right near your call sign where the word "Alerts" is.

When you select a forum to "Watch forum" when a new post happens, you will get an alert.

But obviously, you selected the "Receive an email" as well. So just "Unwatch" that forum, then "Watch" it again, but this time
    make sure you don't select emails.

And of course, if you have turned off "Alerts" in your account settings, you'll see nothing. Alerts are ON by default but
    many users for whatever reason turn them off

Dave
    W7UUU

3. ZL4NVW

ZL4NVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Brilliant. Thanks.

W7UUU likes this.