ad: chuckmartin

New Parks on the Air Program Updates

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5ATA, May 31, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. K5ATA

K5ATA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And that is the point... there are enough options in this hobby that we all ought to be able to enjoy whatever parts we wish. POTA is a way for myself and my daughter to have radio time together, so it will always be one of my favorites.

K4MID, K3XR, W3PX and 1 other person like this.
  2. K4MID

K4MID Ham Member QRZ Page

Syphilis On The Air lol

N1IPU likes this.
  3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

That should make for an interesting certificate. :D

N1IPU and K4MID like this.
  4. KE5ES

KE5ES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

With a Vertical or Horizonally polarized antenna??? LOL!!

K3XR likes this.
  5. KE5ES

Oh please! I made an ADIF (file) and sent it in as I have since it all started. I got a reject notice stating that the file wasn't named correctly and he included the "FAQ" on how to name the file. Ok, thank you very much. Maybe I am just over reacting. At least he didn't ignore it until I queried about it like our HR at work does. I submitted that W4 last year and nothing changed and I had to pay. "Oh you were serious about that paperwork? Sorry. How much did you have to pay?" Anyway I followed a rabbit down a hole. My biggest complaint about POTA is when I think I have ten contacts and thank the park staff and leave only to realize when I am logging it I only got NINE. It won't let me log the Satellite contact with my wife since the Iridium Extreme transmits and receives at 1616 Mhz which is outside the Amateur Bands.

6. K9GLS

K9GLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Stubby.

7. KE5ES

Loop directional

8. N2OG

N2OG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Guys,

I love POTA as well. The new website is fantastic.
    That took some work! In fact I made a donation to help with all that work they completed.

N2OG Scott

9. N1IPU

N1IPU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We have lost our sense of humor due to the cancel mob. They cannot look at themselves so attack anyone who questions the narrative. 1MB makes a point about what's next in these things as do I. In time after all those who question get pushed out we will be left with one monotone voice. That is intolerable in a free society. I have operated from Boats/Airplanes and Unstable countries in dangerous circumstances. Don't need awards/points or recognitions. It's all self contained and I will take it with me.
    could care less if the mob gives me a nod. I guess that make us a dangerous voice in the herd. MOO.

KE0GXN, WN1MB, NK9Y and 1 other person like this.
  10. KE5ES

It is that way at work. They promote "Yes Men/women" and yell at the dissenting worker. 'Policy states you have to put it in writing' "I DON'T HAVE TO PUT ANYTHING IN WRITING! I AM THE BOSS!" The voice of dissention is not always wrong.

WN1MB likes this.