ad: CQMM-1

New Parks on the Air Program Updates

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5ATA, May 31, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Stubby.

M1WML likes this.
  2. KE5ES

KE5ES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Loop directional

M1WML likes this.
  3. N2OG

N2OG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Guys,

I love POTA as well. The new website is fantastic.
    That took some work! In fact I made a donation to help with all that work they completed.

N2OG Scott

M1WML likes this.
  4. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

We have lost our sense of humor due to the cancel mob. They cannot look at themselves so attack anyone who questions the narrative. 1MB makes a point about what's next in these things as do I. In time after all those who question get pushed out we will be left with one monotone voice. That is intolerable in a free society. I have operated from Boats/Airplanes and Unstable countries in dangerous circumstances. Don't need awards/points or recognitions. It's all self contained and I will take it with me.
    could care less if the mob gives me a nod. I guess that make us a dangerous voice in the herd. MOO.

M1WML, KE0GXN, WN1MB and 2 others like this.
  5. KE5ES

KE5ES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It is that way at work. They promote "Yes Men/women" and yell at the dissenting worker. 'Policy states you have to put it in writing' "I DON'T HAVE TO PUT ANYTHING IN WRITING! I AM THE BOSS!" The voice of dissention is not always wrong.

M1WML and WN1MB like this.
  6. K1CWB

K1CWB Ham Member QRZ Page

Soooooo..... Anyone activating or hunting POTA this weekend?

M1WML likes this.
  7. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. The Peter Principle. No way to avoid that.

[​IMG]

M1WML and OLDARCHER like this.
  8. NK9Y

NK9Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in my school boy days, I was a target for bullies. I'd punch for the nose first, that way they couldn't see very well through watery eyes, so I could make an escape. A kid does that today, they're the one in trouble, and the bully is free to continue his torment.

We've been systematically conditioned to become a nation of victims.

M1WML, WD4ET, OLDARCHER and 3 others like this.
  9. W3AAX

W3AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

I appreciate both the negative and positive comments. Thanks for both! If you have issues with the current system, please visit our Slack channel #potabugs. If you have something you would like to see on a next build, please pass the information to #potanext. All we set out to do is provide a structured way for folks to get free awards, and track their progress. We very much appreciate those that are patient as we grow. 73 W3AAX

M1WML, KI4MYD, K3CU and 3 others like this.
  10. K5XOM

K5XOM Ham Member QRZ Page

I just registered to use POTA. I don't understand why I had to use a "cognito" such as facebook to continue the process.

M1WML likes this.
  11. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

It's that "ease" and "convenience" that seems to be rampant. You don't "have to". You can use an email address and sign up that way.

M1WML likes this.
  12. KC5NGX

KC5NGX Ham Member QRZ Page

Does P.O.T.A. cover Texas Corps of Engineer parks/lakes?

M1WML likes this.
  13. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to https://pota.app/#/parklist

Enter United States of America for the DXCC Entity

Enter Texas for the Location (State/Province/Region/Area)

Scroll through the list or refine your search with "Filter"

M1WML likes this.
  14. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They could, but likely no one would give a fig. The POTA folks have done an excellent job. ;)

M1WML likes this.
  15. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page