ad: Mountaingoat-1

NEW HAM GEAR for $10.00

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KB3AFZ, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KB3AFZ

KB3AFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The Forest County ARC in Tionesta, PA is conducting a survey to ALL Hams in the CONUS. KB3AFZ would like response from each and every Ham interested in an online raffle costing $10.00 per 4 digit number. If your the lucky winner you will receive a new HF radio of some sort. What this all means is that you simply go to www.forestcountyarc.com and a page will be created that you can purchase a chance at a new HF rig that will be raffled off. Now I know your probably skepticle, but don't be. The Forest County ARC is not getting a penny of your money. Your 10.00 ticket on the raffle will benefit the Hunting and Fishing Museum of PA. It's a good cause, and they are a great organization. Wouldn't be any different than spending 10.00 bucks at a Hamfest, or to a club, to benefit them. It's going to a ligitmate organization for a good cause. The Forest County ARC is just launching the idea, and asking for your interest and your comments. Your payments for your ticket will be paid thru either a money order, or a Credit Card transaction to the Museum, and a 4 digit number will be issued to you. On the day of the proposed drawing, we will use the PA Lottery's BIG 4 drawing to determine the winning number. Your winning Gear would them be sent to your door with FREE shipping of course.

At this time, the raffle is in it's planning stages. Your comments and your suggestions are welcome to my e-mail,and please entitle your e-mail's FCARC Raffle.

If this raffle goes well, we may just plan one every quarter of the year. What a heck of a way to get an expensive HF rig for 10.00.

Thanks for reading, and please feel free to e-mail me with your comments, and your interest in participating.

Forest County ARC is a FREE club, and I encourage anyone to join.

www.forestcountyarc.com

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A RESIDENT OF PA TO PARTICIPATE. ALL HAMS WELCOME

rwkeith1@verizon.net

Randy
    KB3AFZ

2. KI6JUX

KI6JUX Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have to live in PA???

3. KI6JUX

Do you have to live in PA???

Oops, it posted twice, sorry!!!

4. KB3AFZ

Absolutely NOT. The Raffle would be available to Hams all over the CONUS.

5. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

you might want to talk to a lawyer about this ... some states are kinda funny about this stuff, and i'd expect you would have to be prepared to submit this sort of thing to audits and stuff.

6. N3GHX

N3GHX Ham Member QRZ Page

There are two 4 digit numbers drawn per day so which one will be for this drawing may be quite important or you may have to give away more than you think with 2 winning numbers for the day.

7. KB3AFZ

you might want to talk to a lawyer about this ... some states are kinda funny about this stuff, and i'd expect you would have to be prepared to submit this sort of thing to audits and stuff.********

UMMMMM It's perfectly legal sir. You don't have to worry about that but thanks for your reply.

8. KB3AFZ

There are two 4 digit numbers drawn per day so which one will be for this drawing may be quite important or you may have to give away more than you think with 2 winning numbers for the day.**************

The Raffle will go one the Nightly drawing of the BIG 4. NOt the Daily.

Thanks
    KB3AFZ

9. KI6JUX

I went to the site, and they were giving guns away, not HF Radios...I'm sure since the ATF would be involved, the gun would not come to good ole CA!!!

Oh, well, it was a good idea...i just got there too late... [​IMG]

Cheers! [​IMG]

10. N6HCM

N6HCM Ham Member QRZ Page

example #1
    example #2
    example #3

what do these folks know that you don't?!?

11. KB3AFZ

I don't quite know what your asking my friend. Maybe you could ask the question again? This raffle would be perfectly legal, and if there is doubt then I am sorry, and I guess your answer to the survey is no? Just asking you know?

KB3AFZ

12. K7DLX

K7DLX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here's one:

And as to the definition of "lottery" in Utah:

Better add a disclaimer for Utah immediately. You do need to check all state laws before running a promotion like this. Utah may not be the only state with restrictions.

13. KB3AFZ

So from what I am reading here. YOU a UTAH resident cannot purchase a lottery ticket in PA or some other state and be a winner? YOU as a Ham Radio Operator cannot purchase a raffle ticket at a ham fest or some other function and win a prize? If that be so, I am glad I am not a resident of UTAH. What fun is that. This raffle would be perfectly legal in all aspects. The money goes to a non profit organization, and the prize is bought and shipped from the money obtained from the raffle itself. Like I stated earlier, if you were to come to PA and attend a Ham Fest, you mean to tell me if you won, your state would fine you or I for the raffle transaction?[​IMG]?? I hardly think so. You would be purchasing the chance from PA and the number would be drawn from our PA BIG 4 Lottery.

14. KC4RAN

KC4RAN Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like someone needs a lawyer consultation, quick. Ever notice those commercials where there's a promotional giveaway, and in little bitty letters on the bottom of the screen, it says:

"Not valid in Florida, Utah..." and keeps going? Something tells me there's a really good reason for this. And your idea of "purchasing the chance" is completely bogus, or else people could order lottery tickets from any other state.

15. KB3AFZ

Hmmm not site you went to but no one on our end was chancing any type of firearm.

KB3AFZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.