ad: portazero-1

NEW HAM GEAR for $10.00

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KB3AFZ, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB3AFZ

KB3AFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, maybe it needs a bit of investigating on the legal end, and maybe it could not be pulled off. However, I am appalled at your comment about being BOGUS!!!!!. Huh fellow, I have news for you. No one on our end is BOGUS. Maybe your a bit dishonest but not up here. The idea was for a great cause, and a non profit organization, and a Ham somewhere could have been a lucky winner. If it's Illegal then so be it. If it's Legal and we can initiate it, then so be it.

This whole Article was to be a Survey of who would be interested, NOT a bashing of distrust or mutilation of anyone's character. A simple YES or NO answer was what was sought after.

KB3AFZ

2. KC4RAN

KC4RAN Ham Member QRZ Page

I said that your idea of getting around the law by somehow claiming that the purchase was being made within PA was bogus. I'm not talking about the idea of the lottery, just your end-run attempt around the law. I personally have purchased tickets in similar raffles, so I'm not opposed to them.

Are you're somehow planning for each and every ticket purchaser to travel to you and to be within the borders of PA when the ticket is purchased? That might be the only way this sort of thing would be legal, and even then, I would suggest taking the advice given to you in the very beginning... consult an attorney.

Even then, there are probably state/local tax implications...

3. KB3AFZ

The more I am investigating this, and searching it out the more I think most of the discussion here may be right about Raffles Illegal on the web. NOt totally done with the idea, but it looks dim.

I will continue to investigate, and welcome any other information anyone has to offer.

KB3AFZ

4. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Some Schmuck would call the IRS if you were not 501c3 but again nice fund raiser ok gang whos going to take this thing on anyway ?

BTW Is it a new HF rig or some old jalopy ?

I wouldnt mind if it were a High End Kenwood HF rig myself.

5. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Just looked at your web site a 36,000 BTU BBQ grill ? that was at least a $500.00 unit I thinks say everyone take a look anyway its worth it IMHO.

6. KB3AFZ

Well fellows, If this sort of Raffle could have taken place it would have been a brand new one shipped from the retailer. I believe I mentioned that. The Gas Grill mentioned on my site was the top prize at the 1st hamfest here in Tionesta. It would have been nice to have a pile of amateur gear to chance of that day, but being it was the first fest, and lack of sponsors, we done what we could with what we had.

The non profit status is already established by the Hunting and fishing museum, however I am finding out that it's illegal to go outside of the county with such a raffle. (PA State Laws).

I thank all who responded and I suppose this just isn't going launch. It would have been nice to do something like this.

73's

KB3AFZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.