ad: MLSons-1

New Book about Morse Code on Amazon

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NW6V, Mar 22, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. G4ZRL

G4ZRL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have written a book on CW too but the cost of publishing plus marketing is far beyond the reach of ordinary guys like me. I have been teaching for around 30 years and all self taught. I wish this guy all the best of luck with his version and hope it makes him some pocket money as profit.
    de G4ZRL

2. AC1LC

AC1LC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been straining my brain the past couple weeks trying to learn code using online computer programs. I bought the book for a look see and I'm glad I did. Chris did a great job in presentation and content. I finished the book last night, I've been staying away from the computer program until I read the book, and now I'm going to read the book again to reinforce all his teaching points. I like his thought process and how he approaches learning code. Time will tell if it works but I'm feeling more relaxed or at least less stressed about learning at this point.

W7DGJ likes this.
  3. W7DGJ

W7DGJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just published a short review of NW6V's book on the QRZ web column, Trials and Errors -- Ham Life with an Amateur. See this link.

Dave, W7DGJ

KB6JEN likes this.
  4. KB6JEN

KB6JEN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you, great review, I'm about to order the Extra upgrade book, thank you for mentioning that.. much appreciated.

Jen

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  5. W7DGJ

W7DGJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Great Jen, thanks for the note. Happy to hear people read book reviews. I think they are better in print than on YouTube. 73, Dave

KB6JEN likes this.
  6. W8LB

W8LB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

well...there goes another $25 into the hobby.... If i keep going at this rate I'll be broke and divorced. Excited to learn this aspect of it.

7. AC1NO

AC1NO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Got my copy last night and I agree. I got goosebumps. Handed the book to my wife and asked her to read the first 3 pages. She rolled her eyes and agreed. Towards the end she said "wow," flipped the page, then exclaimed "WOW!" She was amazed, handed the book back to me and said, "I thought you were trolling me, but I'm so glad you weren't." What a story!

W7DGJ likes this.
  8. VE9IT

VE9IT Ham Member QRZ Page

or maybe it should be a business expense hihi

9. W0CMW

W0CMW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well , I have found it very interesting so far , I'm anxious to see if it helps my rock head to learn CW . Been a ham for about 14 years now , its about time to know something other than digital modes and SB , I've allways admired those HAMS that know and use CW

WN1MB likes this.