ad: HamHats-1

Need help changing login/username from email address to call sign

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KK7RRE, Mar 8, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KK7RRE

KK7RRE Ham Member QRZ Page

I originally setup a QRZ account using my email address, when I started studying for my technician license. My license and call sign were was just issued this Monday and showed up in the QRZ DB yesterday. However, my call sign isn't linked to my original email-based account and I'm not seeing where I can change my "non-HAM member" username (email) to my call sign (KK7RRE).

I tried the help center, but it only allows sign-in using the call sign. If I try to setup a new account using my call sign, it fails because it sees my email address associated to my original account. Seems I'm stuck in a loop and not seeing how to get around it.

I would setup a "fake" gmail account to get the call sign login set up, but I suspect it will still cause an issue when I try to change the email address back to my actual email address. I would also try it inversely, but there's no way to edit or even delete my original account that was setup with my email address.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get past this?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Simple - just file a Support ticket with your username and the Support Team will straighten the account out: https://ssl.qrz.com/support

Congrats on getting your license!

Dave
    W7UUU

3. KK7RRE

KK7RRE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for that! I had tried that path but after your response it finally clicked on what I was doing wrong. I was trying to login to the support center using my email versus the actual user ID. Once I used the true username for my account, it worked like a champ!

Thanks again for the response! Apparently that's what it took to dislodge some stuck electrons in my noggin' ;-)

W7UUU likes this.