Morse Code NATO Alphabet Chart at Hobby Lobby

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W0PV, Jun 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Now and then my DL-YL Marion, aka "The Artist", drags me into Hobby Lobby for supplies. I like to tease her and the staff that what we want might be found next to the artifacts looted from the Middle East. :rolleyes:

However the other day this item with an amateur radio theme caught my eye and thought y'all might find it interesting too (or at least the description). Sure wish they had a RadioShack Express in the store like HobbyTown does too!

Morse Code Alphabet Chart Wall Decor

If you grew up in a military family, you know the lingo by heart. Morse Code Alphabet Chart Wall Decor features the NATO phonetic alphabet - the twenty-six code words assigned to each letter of the English alphabet - as well as their Morse code counterparts, printed in white font across a gray canvas.

The canvas is stretched between two wooden dowels that boast a black color, and a rope is adorned to the top so you can hang it along your wall.

$21.99
    Brand: Designs Direct Creative Group
    SKU: 1811280
    Details:
    Length: 23 1/2"
    Width: 10 3/4"
    Thickness: 1"
    Orientation: Vertical
    Includes: 1 - Rope

[​IMG]

K4MID, KA5ETX, K8EEI and 7 others like this.
  2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I want one.

3. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

The HL folks have some nice wooden boxes to hold your para-set.

5. LU9FMS

LU9FMS Ham Member QRZ Page

Absolutely interesting! I can already appreciate how valuable this item will be in the right hands.

6. W7MS

W7MS Ham Member QRZ Page

Reviewers of this product have noted that F is incorrectly represented as a U in Morse Code..........

7. W6ZD

W6ZD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

8. KB1RVU

KB1RVU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Correct me if I am wrong, but the code for the letter F does not look right.

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

No, the "F" is correct.

But other than being a nice radio room decoration, I don't really see the point. Morse is an aural language much more so than a visual one [queue the semaphore/signal light crowd to chime in and tell me how wrong I am ;)]

Whenever I see Morse "written" I have to whistle what I see so I can hear it. I copy CW at up to 30-40 WPM (depending on context) with my ears - but reading one sentence written out would take quite some time.

Dave
    W7UUU

10. W2EFM

W2EFM Ham Member QRZ Page

What, no "Sugar"?