ad: Alphaant-1

Missing Vessel reported on the Maritime Service Net on 20 meters

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K1LPI, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. NI7I

NI7I Guest

I wont respond with your sort of name calling.. That's a bit childish..

You present your interpretation of law as fact when it is not. What is recommended by the amateur union is not law.. it fails to come close to law It is
    simply a recomendation writen by a group of hams.. They dont represent me nor do they actually represent a majority of hams. The US representative
    in that union (the ARRL) hardly represents the majority of American hams. The union actually recopmmended 5 such frequencies and I dont
    see the mmsn trying to ocupy the others as they try to do on 14.3.

You may not see "exclusive" claims.. But what you are suggesting is fairly close to that.. You are suggesting that if a ham is using 14.3, he should
    pause periodically for the purpose of one of those net members to come up and pass 3rd party traffic.. That is totally rediculous. If the net members
    wish to pass their 3rd party traffic they most certainly can.. Up or down a few KHZ.. or wait uintil the frequency is free.. That is what all US hams
    are required to do BY LAW.. If they actually have an emergency, they can state their case and request the frequency.. I know of no hams that
    wouldnt give way to an actual emergency. I certainly wouldnt .

Compareing the amateur bands and the maritime service just doesnt wash. It's apples and oranges.

You keep referring to the iaru agreements as if they are laws or regulations.. They are not. They have no force of law. I seriously doubt you could find
    a majority of hams that would support such an agreement.. Note that it is not a regulation.. It is an agreement. It is an agreement made
    by a group of hams that dont reporesent the majority of the hams. There are no treaties that make this "agreement" law.

I suppose Norway accepts all of the treaty parts concerning amateur radio as sufficient.. The US does not. Here, we do not have to have the ITU
    book handy. We are governed by the FCC.

That AIS system is actually quit4e small. Ours was about the size of an average HF rig if you count all its component parts. It is very handy in controlled waters
    and is necessary in some ports.

Every frequency on every bqand in amateur radio is an emergency frequency when there is an emergency. In my country, there are no frequencies in the amateur bands
    restricted for emergency use. If a frequency is ocupied by a couple of rag chewers or even a contester calling CQ, its thier frequency until they give it up.. Unless, of course
    there is a real emergency.. That's the law here.. What I believe I said was that it was ilegal for the net to force users off that frequency if there was no emergency. It's certainly
    not against the regulations to ask for the frequency

In any event, further discussion with you will be fruitless. I'm certainly not going to change your mind.

NI7I

2. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

How dare you use logic and facts. So "obtuse" of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.