ad: Halibut-1

Master of Radio Comunication - Africa

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by NM6M, Mar 7, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NM6M

NM6M Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good morning All,

I was browsing my QRZ Logbook this weekend to see if I should apply for any new awards when I noticed that there is a Master of Radio Communication for 5 continents but not one for Africa. Does anybody know why? I only have 2 confirmed African countries in my log book so I wouldn't qualify but I found it strange. I'm sure there's a logical reason but I haven't figured it out.

Regards,
    Dale
    K6AQV

QRZ Master of Radio Communication Awards.jpg

2. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just my opinion, Dale, but African stations are notably hard to work & confirm.

QRZ management said a while back that they're working on the African award....

3. N3LHQ

N3LHQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Give em time, they will make one. They have been coming up with so many new awards. NO CW for Antarctic! Penguins can't make a FIST, no thumbs...

4. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It was announced back when Master of Oceania was released late last year, that Master of Africa would be coming in "early 2022". I got excited when I read the header of your post. I thought it was released today. QRZ has been releasing new awards at intervals. Hope it comes soon.

I found the post where it was mentioned by QRZ Administrator KF7WIS:
    (The following quote is from the first message in the lengthy thread.)

"We also know there are quite a few of you who are very excited for the Master of Africa Award to be released. Rest assured that Master of Africa will be the first QRZ Operating Award released in early 2022."

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/qrzs-new-master-of-oceania-award-available-today.790382/

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    KD2UHD and IK8UIF like this.
  5. NM6M

NM6M Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks all for info. I have reignited my interest in ham radio recently and have begun to collect DX countries and was not aware of the paced release of awards. I hope "early" doesn't mean December, I apologize for getting your hopes up. It'll probably be years before I can claim the award anyway, at the pace I'm going.

6. JF3VEC

JF3VEC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Master-Africa of radio communication.
    It was issued.
    Please see the item of the award of QRZ.COM.

NT9W and KD2UHD like this.
  7. N3LHQ

N3LHQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Now we have an even dozen!!! Any more and it would be impossible to fit in that space or read!