ad: Radclub22-1

Mac Mini M1 and WSJT-X Automation With RUMLogNG

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0PIR, Jan 11, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. CT1DVU

CT1DVU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Agree with AK5CT, It's «closer to machines talking to each other' with no human operator needed»
    Quite the same to ask other ham to DXing for you. Sorry to be rude.

2. CT1DVU

CT1DVU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear KB2QQM,
    In my opinion the problem isn't only the automated logging, it's also the automated contact.
    Agnelo

3. K2FW

K2FW Ham Member QRZ Page

Working DX on FT8 is a already a joke. And now this makes it even worse.

4. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, and isn't that just great? Humans are inherently lazy creatures. We will seek ways to automate everything we can. It's how we built modern civilization. We can't keep this automation from Amateur radio, and we should not want to. If Amateur radio is to remain relevant then we need to keep up with this "machines talking to each other".

5. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe this goes back a long way to the beginnings of the American Radio Relay League. The ability to know how to pass information on the radio is a very important skill if this league of radio operators was going to effectively relay anything to Americans. Like so many other organizations that wanted to encourage preparedness they made a game out of it. The Olympic Games, as an example, started as a competition to demonstrate one's ability to be the best warrior.

What seems to have happened is the game has evolved into something of less relevance to the original goals. The Olympic sport of skiing and shooting has an obvious military value, but basketball... I'm not seeing it. There's value in basketball towards the original goal of Olympic games because to be a good basketball player still requires some skills that would be valued in war, such as teamwork and physical fitness. Throwing a ball through a hoop... still not seeing it.

We can and should endeavor to bring the game of contesting back to the original goals. I don't know if we will. That because people find the game so entertaining. It still gets people to develop valuable skills. It may also develop some bad habits. Still I see no real harm done. More than that I see considerable value.

Did that answer your question?

6. G0UUT

G0UUT Ham Member QRZ Page

hi
    great about time we have great software fantastic
    one question is it will work on ft8?
    vy 73 elan ea5iwt/g0uut