ad: portazero-1

LoTW Now Accepting FT8 Contacts

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KK2DOG, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is three a way to change them? They're not dupes yet. They won't be until I load them as FT8 contacts. eQSL and QRZ both allow you to change the log entry after it's been uploaded. I don't recall seeing that on LoTW, but I thought I'd ask.

2. N2SUB

Therein lies the problem. If the contact is never going to be confirmed, why have the extra entries in the log? They are only in my station log once. Maybe it's just me.....I've been a database administrator for most of my career and unneeded/orphan records in a database are the bane of my existence. :)

3. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

There is currently no way to change them, once uploaded, it's there forever in the original form.

4. N2SUB

Yeah, that's what I figured. You can insert but you cannot update or delete. The only thing worse than the interface is a encryption scheme. I can't complain though.....you get what you pay for. :)

5. N2SUB

6. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

I feel your pain. The design of the LoTW / TQSL system has been bemoaned by many since day one.

IMHO a source of misperception stems from their use of the word "Logbook" (of The World) in the name. It's NOT a LOGBOOK, in the sense of an editable document, at least not OURS. It's their QSL - awards database of every ones submitted info. After we press the upload button, we have no control, nor burden.

Imagine it as a file cabinet being stuffed by multiple cards, some valid, some not, and many dupes lol. They finally added a feature in TQSL to help avoid dupes, but it can be overridden. I wonder what the ratio of orphan vs non-orphan data is now.

SE3X likes this.
  7. N2SUB

I would tend to agree. That's why you don't need to be a member to use LoTW. If it were for our use, you'd have to be a member and there would probably be a fee associated with it.

KF5RHI likes this.
  8. KF5RHI

KF5RHI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yessuh! That did the trick.

9. KC5RR

KC5RR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Downloading from ARRL solved the issue. Thanks for the tip.