ad: UR5CDX-1

LoTW Now Accepting FT8 Contacts

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KK2DOG, Aug 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KK2DOG

KK2DOG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Logbook of the Word (LoTW) is now accepting Q's for the digital mode FT8 but you'll have to update your TQSL to the latest version 2.3.1 and Configure Data 11.1 and this can be accomplished simply by clicking "Help" then "Check for Updates" in the TQSL program.

2. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been sitting on all mine so I'm sending them now...

3. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

Works as it should. The only new info is that, if you uploaded the QSOs as DATA before, you are going to have duplicates, the DATA and the FT8 QSOs.

4. W3TPL

W3TPL Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks... started uploading mine yesterday!

5. KC5RR

KC5RR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone have and tips on how to download 2.3.1? I go to QSL, go to help, click on check for update, get a message saying a new 2.3.1 is available and click okay to install. I click okay, an install screen comes up, but when I go back to QSL, it still shows 2.3. Data 11.1 installed fine. Frustrating.

6. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

For the update to 'stick', this time only, try running TQSL as administrator.

7. KF5RHI

KF5RHI Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm having trouble too. I click on OK and I get what you see in the attached screenshot.

I tried it choosing "Run As Administrator"; but no luck.

Attached Files:

8. KC5RR

Thanks, I tried that without success.

9. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

Never ever saw this one.

10. KC5RR

Well it doesn't seem to matter that I have 2.3 as long as I have 11.1. I made a couple of contacts, logged them, sent them to ARRL, and they logged for me just fine.

11. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

I had same problem, so switched from the Help Updater to downloading and installing from the web site here,

http://www.arrl.org/tqsl-download

Note - You do not have to uninstall older versions of TQSL.

It worked without any hassle.

73 de John - WØPV

KF5RHI likes this.
  12. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a way to rectify this? It will cause hundreds of dupes for me.

13. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

OK... this is a little different then. To upgrade to 2.3.1, I think the best way to do it, is to download the installation file from the LOTW page. Close TQSL and run it as administrator. Then, if the configuration changed, install 11.1 again from within TQSL.

14. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

Unfortunately not. I urge all of you, ARRL members or not, to ask the ARRL to allow LOTW edits for contacts that have NOT/NOT been confirmed/matched.

I have close to 10k dupes, my fault, as I uploaded the file with another certificate by mistake. There will never be a match, but it's annoying to see them there. When I asked LOTW support about it, I was told to consider those entries like crossed out lines on a paper log, they cannot be removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2017
  15. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

No need to rectify it. From the LOTW web site,

"When submission of a corrected QSO results in the creation of a new QSO, the original QSO remains in place, uncorrected. If the original QSO has not been confirmed, it's harmless: it won't match the information your QSO partner submits and so will never be confirmed."

Read about it at the link below. Recommended to read it all, but make sure to at least scroll down to Correcting Errors in Submitted QSOs.

https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help_devel_en/submitting-qsos/

In this case the old record will match for DATA, and the new record will match for both DATA and FT8.

My LOTW contains lots of corrected errors and/or dupes. For the user they don't matter. They are just "orphan data". It's the League's problem as to how much space they take up in storage.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017