ad: UR5CDX-1

Lookups Gone Wild

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by K8ZM, Jul 16, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K8ZM

K8ZM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been noticing that my lookups are growing at what seems an unbelievable rate, has the counter algorithm changed over the last several months ??

Brad, N8GLS

2. N3RYB

N3RYB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I assure you this post will do nothing to help this matter. :D

AF7XT and WJ4U like this.
  3. JA6XZS

JA6XZS Volunteer DX Helper Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you may send a support ticket with your question to HQ at https://ssl.qrz.com/support

WN1MB likes this.
  4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Admiring your bench lineup, I'm surprised you have time to notice your lookup count.

But then I see this :p
    Thanks for the look-Up !!

5. K8ZM

HA !! You guys are too much !! As for not having any time, all the gear is "autonomous" so mostly bored, unless 6m and 2m are open or a contest weekend !!

I 'll try posting to the support forum so tnx JA6XZS for that comment !

73, Brad N8GLS

JA6XZS likes this.
  6. K8ZM

For those watching this thread, I have amassed about another 1100 look-ups since I posted this.....no way that's close to real !!

7. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Jealous me, I have but 2267 lookups. :D

My previous call had many thousands like you. Could be because I was an avid contestor. Need to get back to that this Fall.

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you on FT8? There are add-on programs that some people use that look up every call they hear to fill in name, QTH, etc info.

9. K8ZM

KP4SX - Thanks for the comment, yes, but not that active and I don't op any digital on HF, only VHF (6m and 2m). I considered the heightened activity on FT8 even on just 6m, but can't fathom its resulting in this many lookups. Might be worth trying to correlate the number of lookups to my QSO's and see if there is a daily pattern. I believe the counter advances only when a "new" lookup has been performed, i.e., if the same person from the same addr looked me up a hundred times the counter would only count the 1st lookup. The counter would be useless if otherwise, at least IMO.

WJ4U - Thanks !! I too am an avid contester but haven't op'd in any since ARRL DX and CQWPX in March. Yes.....get back to it !! CQWW is fast approaching !!