ad: M2Ant-1

Logbook won't stop refreshing

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KE8VN, Oct 17, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE8VN

KE8VN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not sure what to do, my logbook page will not stop refreshing. Maybe a split second in between screen refreshes. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you K8WGB

2. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Use your computer, not your 'phone.

KA9JLM likes this.
  3. KE8VN

KE8VN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

this is on my computer not phone

4. K8HIT

K8HIT Ham Member QRZ Page

Reboot, clear cookies, clear cache.

5. W4DMY

W4DMY Ham Member QRZ Page

My Samsung Tablet started doing the same thing over the weekend. One day fine, the next day continuous refreshing of the page. My old computer and Samsung phone do fine. Anyone with suggestions?

6. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There's lots of info about this in the Logbook Users Forum.

7. W4DMY

W4DMY Ham Member QRZ Page

For those who have had an issue with their QRZ Logbook all of a sudden start constantly refreshing and not stop might find this helpful. I had this occur on a fairly new Samsung Tablet. My old S10 tablet, old Samsung laptop as well as a new ASUS were all fine (loaded the logbook without issue). I reached out to tech support, who offered no support or suggestions. An internet search was also of little help, but one recurring idea of a possible cause kept showing up. POP-UP ADs. Sure enough, it appears after a recent update Google gremlins took over my tablet and it was a barrage of pop-up ads when I opened my QRZ logbook. I'll save the gory details of trying everything, but the final solution was opening a new window in "INCOGNITO". The three little dots in the upper right corner of your screen, select "incognito" window. Voila, the popups were gone along with the constant refreshing. The logbook works perfectly and I back having fun POTA hunting. W4DMY

KP4SX likes this.