ad: elecraft

"log book"

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by KC1TPH, Jan 6, 2024.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KC1TPH

KC1TPH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

hello all! very new to the ham world, just earned my ticket Oct '23. trying to figure out how to get various fields of information on this site to populate. I have signed up for the subscription / membership on this site, as well as many others. i am currently running an AnyTone 578uvIII plus tri-band dmr radio, with gps and aprs.

what exacly is this site used for, and how do i use it effectivly?

does this site log dmr contacts, or is it mainly for hf contacts?

thank you for any insight in pointing me in the right direction!

73's KC1TPH brandon

2. KL5IA

KL5IA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great questions, this site is used for many things. It is where most people go to look up call signs. When you make a contact you might want to know more about who it is you spoke with, maybe send them a QSL card, you can go to the top of any page on the site and use the call sign look up. The name and addresses for US hams comes from the FCC data base. Some hams add a Bio page, click 'QRZ Page' over to the left under my call sign to see mine. While there you will see 'Log a new contact with: KL5IA' this is one way to log a contact. Another use for this site you have already discovered when you posted this thread. This is a great place to get your Ham related questions answered. Many uses will become evident as the need arises.
    You can indeed log DMR contacts, by clicking the down arrow in the mode field and selecting DMR on the log entry page. If you hover your mouse over your call sign at the top of this page and then click 'My Logbook' this will take you to your log. The 'Enter Call' area next to the green 'Add QSO' is another way to log a contact. If you click 'Settings' up at the top right of your log, then 'Logbook Properties' near the top right this is where you set information for the logbook that will be populated to your 'Sender Info' tab on the log entry page. There is much more logbook information here About the QRZ Logbook - QRZ.com
    Hope this answers at least some of your questions.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    K8VHL and KP4SX like this.
  3. KL5IA

KL5IA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The one point I forgot to make is that Hams log their contacts in UTC Date/Time not local. The logbook entry page will populate with the current UTC time when the page opens so if you are logging a contact that you made previously this will need to be adjusted. Good luck and have fun. Hope to get you in the log.

K8VHL likes this.